MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
So many threads lamenting the Note 3 plastic construction.
Plastic got a bad rep many years ago 'cheap plastic products' etc.
Plastic has changed and improved drastically in the recent past. Different types of plastic are used in bullet proof vests, and many other critical applications. My Droid Razr had a Kevlar back (a type of plastic) and so on. Add a metal body to the Note 3 and make it 3 ounces heavier.
Personally I would love it if Samsung replaced the plastic band around the rim with a high grade rubber band. Maybe it would provide some impact protection.
Nuff said.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I think the plastic is more flexible and some parts are easily replaceable. Much better than the metal which dents or even the iphones which shatter in the back and front..........Those are definitely more fragile!!

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Plastic has changed and improved drastically in the recent past. Different types of plastic are used in bullet proof vests, and many other critical applications. My Droid Razr had a Kevlar back (a type of plastic) and so on. Add a metal body to the Note 3 and make it 3 ounces heavier.
Personally I would love it if Samsung replaced the plastic band around the rim with a high grade rubber band. Maybe it would provide some impact protection.
Nuff said.

I agree with you in everything, except in the statement that KEVLAR is plastic..... KEVLAR is a para-aramid synthetic fiber (men maid).... plastic is cellulose fibers......why I know it ? because I used to wear bullit proof vest ........... but in any event ........... I still agree with you about the plastic construction of cell phones..........

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the correction. I Was wrong.
I have been pleased with the construction of my note 3. IMHO the back cover is good. I have read that it is a bit flimsy when off the phone. But feels solid when in place..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the correction. I Was wrong.
I have been pleased with the construction of my note 3. IMHO the back cover is good. I have read that it is a bit flimsy when off the phone. But feels solid when in place..

Why would anyone care enough to even note that its flimsy when its not on the phone? We're not trying to wear it or use it to stop pellets. Sheesh (not at you but at whoever wrote that it was flimsy...when not on the phone).

Note 8.0

Dolomite

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Nuff said.

I had the RAZR max and I always thought it was a kevlar style sticker, not real kevlar...but I am not 100% positive

Inhocmark

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
The construction of Apple products are usually really nice, but I'm an old school PC guy. Give me function over form any day of the week.

Not to say that the Note 3 is ugly.... :)

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly... I don't find it flimsy .... to me it is perfect, the only thing it does bother me is that since the sides are metal it is kind of slippery, and I have to be conscious about the grip.

LEMONGRAB

Banned
Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Nuff said.

I got the S3 so I got a plastic back. Just cause you polish a turd doesn't mean it magically turns into a gold turd. Its still a turd. I got an atrix hd with supposed kevlar backing, still feels like sh|ty plastic to me.

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Most of the threads and reviews critiziing plastic, come from people that don't like the Androids, such as Iphone users, and reviews with different agendas. IMO, the best scale of a product is how it sells. People are buying the plastic. :)

Anyway, like most of us here, I like it, crazy about it, and it is just a dam phone!! :D

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the plastic is more flexible and some parts are easily replaceable. Much better than the metal which dents or even the iphones which shatter in the back and front..........Those are definitely more fragile!!

The metal phones can be flexible(or bendable) ... Not necessarily good though. I would like to see a plastic phone bent like this metal phone.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383224417506.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383224417506.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 62

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
The metal phones can be flexible(or bendable) ... Not necessarily good though. I would like to see a plastic phone bent like this metal phone.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Was it an angry wife? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress