S-Pen Tips

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I know the Note comes with a few S-Pen replacement tips. How are often are we supposed to change them out?? Whenever the tip needs worn down?? Shows visible wear and tear?? I use my S-Pen quite a bit, but it doesn't look like I need to put a new tip in it.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. I haven't found any specific guidance on this topic. I guess what I'd do is wait until the S Pen doesn't seem to be functioning as well as it used to, and then try changing the tip.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They are in a bag. They look like little white pegs with a metal ring with ends that will pinch the tip to pull it out. To put one in, you just put it in place and push down.Put them in a safe place where you will be able to find them months from now. I called about replacing mine on my 10.1 and they ran close to thirty dollars. You can almost buy a new S-pen for that price!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks I found them in my box. How ofter do they need to be replaced or how do you know when to replace the tips.

Rockin my Note 3

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
They are in a bag. They look like little white pegs... You can almost buy a new S-pen for that [replacement] price!

But if you have a black Note 3, they'll look like little black pegs. ;) And you're right about replacements -- it looks like Samsung sells the Note 3 S Pen for about $30, which is kind of expensive if it's just the tip that needs replacing. So it is a good idea to keep the tips around and somewhere safe, so that you'll have them to use if you need them.

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
There really isn't a given amount of time. General rule of thumb is if the tip feels like it might be dragging a bit more (or less) than usual, seems un-responsive or looks damaged then you should probably swap it.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
There really isn't a given amount of time. General rule of thumb is if the tip feels like it might be dragging a bit more (or less) than usual, seems un-responsive or looks damaged then you should probably swap it.

That's what I thought. It feels like it's dragging a little bit, but could just be my imagination. I'm keeping the extra tips in the box the phone came in.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38