Note 3: Zerolemon extended battery

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Zerolemon extended battery

Anyone receive this yet mine was shipped but says I will receive it on aprox. The 6th which is Fri.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

A few people already received their Zerolemon looking at their facebook and the amazon reviews. Who did received it?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

I have a 15000mah external battery from anker. I prefer to keep my phone stock and sleek. Haha. Plus I can use the external battery on other devices.

Sent from my gameboy color

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Screenshot posts with usage time's with your newest 0lemon welcome!

Yes, please! And pictures of the before ZL battery and after for comparison because that case and battery combo looks huge. I have a 7500 in mine and it doesn't look nearly as big as the photos in the link someone posted.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Yea they ship pony express lol with real ponies. Mine was shipped over a week and still not here

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for an honest impression. Those are the kind of details that I am interested in, honestly. I put an Otterbox Defender on my husband's Note 2 and I don't like the way it feels. I had a TPU case on it when it was mine, which I loved. Is there a TPU case that comes with it that can be used without the hard outer shell?

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I received mine today and I agree with the post above it is huge and probably not for everyone but if you compare it to otterbox defender it is as bulky and gives major protection along with a 10000 mah battery at the same price. So far I am liking the feel of the case can't wait to see how the battery performs.

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Got it finally! Should have been here yesterday but the post office messed up and it was a day late.

Anyway I literally just put it together and am charging it for the first time so I can't say how the battery life is but HOLY COW this this is HUGE! This thing should last forever!
Now I decided not give just a repeat review of the review on XDA. That was a great review with better pictures than I could have done and I can confirm everything that review said is true! But I just wanted to hit on some other thoughts on it.

This case is super nice and doesn't look cheap at all. It feels very solid like it was just made to be that way. The grip feels perfect. It is a good grip to hold yet it slides out of my jeans pocket pretty easy. Its texture will not show finger prints at all. I tried to leave the built in screen protector on but it took all of five minutes before I was ripping it out. It was pretty nice and hard to see just by looking at it but I couldn't handle the gap feeling when I would touch it. It pulled out easy.

Now I do want to be straight with you.. This thing is not what the average phone user would probably call practical.. I can only imagine what my co workers will say monday when they see it. But then again most might say that the note 3 itself isn't practical. But for us who have bought it that is ok with us. This takes it to a whole new level though. Don't get me wrong, I love it, I'm just saying it wouldn't be for everyone. It still fits in my jeans though without looking too awkward. I tried the holster and am not sure if it is just because I am skinny but I don't think I could ever wear this and be taken seriously. Because of the length of the N3 when I wear it on the side of my hip it is like to wings coming off the sides. It looks crazy if I try to cover it with my shirt. But I am happy with it in my pocket so that is ok.

Because of the size of this it kind of changes the whole dynamic of holding the phone. It feels like a different device. I have had no case so it will be an adjustment but I know I will get use to it. Its kind of like holding the old gameboy advance. Pushing the bottom back and menu buttons feels different because there is a ledge there now that your thumb has to rest on but it is still easy to push and isn't blocked. This is actually a very good thing because I was always pushing the buttons, even the dock buttons with the palm of my hand or my fingers because they were so close to the edge. This fixes that. The ledge around the screen is about 2 pennies thick(for lack of a better measuring device) so that will help protect the screen on a drop. The camera is not blocked and is recessed pretty far in which I wonder if it might help the pictures, as it will keep the light from shinning on the lens. The s-pen is a little harder to get to, the flap works well but what is hard is getting your finger nail on the edge to get it started. I don't use it all the time so I don't care but if you used it a lot it might bother you.

Well without more test of the battery I can't really say much more without repeating what the xda review said. If my review seemed a little harsh, realize that I think this is a AMAZING deal! You get a top of the line case and battery for the price that I might have guessed just one of them would cost. I was simply being showing some possible down sides. The main being that it is BIG! Like you could use this as a self defense weapon big.. but as note 3 owners we like big things. Can't wait to see what the battery life will be! I will come back and attach some real life photos if I can.

Edit- Man this is so much nicer to hold! I think it helps it's one hand use! Waiting for my other phone to charge so I can post pics.

Sorry about the terrible lighting of my house..

CameraZOOM-20131206195214219.jpg
Monster truck phone? lol

CameraZOOM-20131206195315276.jpg
Next to Droid 2

CameraZOOM-20131206195415410.jpg
CameraZOOM-20131206195551985.jpg
Having trouble finding good comparisons. It is actually the same thickness as an old SNES game.

CameraZOOM-20131206195652593.jpg
Pennies showing the ledge thickness.

CameraZOOM-20131206200016792.jpg
My attempt to show it in a pocket

CameraZOOM-20131206200241205.jpg
CameraZOOM-20131206200352690.jpg
Huge holster!

CameraZOOM-20131206203635484.jpg
CameraZOOM-20131206203654950.jpg
In hand.

Well its not great but it might give you an idea. I was looking for my gram scale to show the weight but couldn't find it. All I know is if you where sweat pants or basket ball shorts you better tie the string tight because this is going to pull your pants down for sure!

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20131206195551985.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20131206195551985.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I don't think it will fit on a desktop charger but should fit ibolt car dock. I am taking a trip in about an hour and will report back.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Got it finally! Should have been here yesterday but the post office messed up and it was a day late.

Anyway I literally just put it together and am charging it for the first time so I can't say how the battery life is but HOLY COW this this is HUGE! This thing should last forever!
Now I decided not give just a repeat review of the review on XDA. That was a great review with better pictures than I could have done and I can confirm everything that review said is true! But I just wanted to hit on some other thoughts on it.

This case is super nice and doesn't look cheap at all. It feels very solid like it was just made to be that way. The grip feels perfect. It is a good grip to hold yet it slides out of my jeans pocket pretty easy. Its texture will not show finger prints at all. I tried to leave the built in screen protector on but it took all of five minutes before I was ripping it out. It was pretty nice and hard to see just by looking at it but I couldn't handle the gap feeling when I would touch it. It pulled out easy.

Now I do want to be straight with you.. This thing is not what the average phone user would probably call practical.. I can only imagine what my co workers will say monday when they see it. But then again most might say that the note 3 itself isn't practical. But for us who have bought it that is ok with us. This takes it to a whole new level though. Don't get me wrong, I love it, I'm just saying it wouldn't be for everyone. It still fits in my jeans though without looking too awkward. I tried the holster and am not sure if it is just because I am skinny but I don't think I could ever wear this and be taken seriously. Because of the length of the N3 when I wear it on the side of my hip it is like to wings coming off the sides. It looks crazy if I try to cover it with my shirt. But I am happy with it in my pocket so that is ok.

Because of the size of this it kind of changes the whole dynamic of holding the phone. It feels like a different device. I have had no case so it will be an adjustment but I know I will get use to it. Its kind of like holding the old gameboy advance. Pushing the bottom back and menu buttons feels different because there is a ledge there now that your thumb has to rest on but it is still easy to push and isn't blocked. This is actually a very good thing because I was always pushing the buttons, even the dock buttons with the palm of my hand or my fingers because they were so close to the edge. This fixes that. The ledge around the screen is about 2 pennies thick(for lack of a better measuring device) so that will help protect the screen on a drop. The camera is not blocked and is recessed pretty far in which I wonder if it might help the pictures, as it will keep the light from shinning on the lens. The s-pen is a little harder to get to, the flap works well but what is hard is getting your finger nail on the edge to get it started. I don't use it all the time so I don't care but if you used it a lot it might bother you.

Well without more test of the battery I can't really say much more without repeating what the xda review said. If my review seemed a little harsh, realize that I think this is a AMAZING deal! You get a top of the line case and battery for the price that I might have guessed just one of them would cost. I was simply being showing some possible down sides. The main being that it is BIG! Like you could use this as a self defense weapon big.. but as note 3 owners we like big things. Can't wait to see what the battery life will be! I will come back and attach some real life photos if I can.

Edit- Man this is so much nicer to hold! I think it helps it's one hand use! Waiting for my other phone to charge so I can post pics.

View attachment 95601
Monster truck phone? lol

View attachment 95602
Next to Droid 2

View attachment 95603
View attachment 95606
Having trouble finding good comparisons. It is actually the same thickness as an old SNES game.

View attachment 95605

View attachment 95607

View attachment 95608
View attachment 95609
Huge holster!

View attachment 95612
View attachment 95613
In hand.

Well its not great but it might give you an idea. I was looking for my gram scale to show the weight but couldn't find it. All I know is if you where sweat pants or basket ball shorts you better tie the string tight because this is going to pull your pants down for sure!

You have a gram scale? Lol :eek:

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 95601
Monster truck phone? lol

View attachment 95602
Next to Droid 2

View attachment 95603
View attachment 95606

View attachment 95605

View attachment 95607

View attachment 95608
View attachment 95609
Huge holster!

View attachment 95612
View attachment 95613
In hand.

Appreciate the pics and info dirtdog. When mine arrives like you the screen protector won't last long. It will be removed. Looking at the size. To be honest it won't bother me nor will the holster. I'm in a wheelchair so if I get strange looks screw it. I'm used to that already. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
For those who do not like the rugged case. I mailed Zerolemon today to ask if there are any plans for a TPU case.
'Hi

We will let you know once this will be available.

Best Regards,
Joey'

I hope it'll be available sometime

Posted via Android Central App

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I wouldn't mind a less rugged case but so far this battery is amazing on day one i am at 75% after 7 hours

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38