Note 3 and Bluetooth Call Issue

Divij Chandwani

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Dear Users,

I have purchased a Note 3 a couple of weeks back and I seem to be facing a very weird issue, and I certainly am hoping there's a way this can be resolved without me changing the phone. Also, please note that earlier I was using a Note 2 and this thing never took place.

I have paired my Note 3's bluetooth to my car, so that everytime I start my car, both the bluetooth devices are automatically paired and I can accept my calls through the internal car system without any issue. However, I have noted that sometimes the call timer automatically starts showing up on the car display, even when there is no call in place. I check my phone and there is no call in place. I try to press the disconnect call button in the car, but even that does not work. The only way I have found to get out of this is place a new call through the phone, and that replaces the existing display on the car and then disconnect the call.

Please note that my calls are not automatically answered on this bluetooth, and I am really hoping there is an answer or a feature that needs to be disabled or is causing this issue. Hoping for something real soon.

Regards,
Divij

brucep523

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am having very similar problems. I was able to use my Galaxy Note 2 on my BMW with no call or sound quality issues. I just upgraded to the Galaxy Note 3 for Christmas and am having call quality issues in my car when using Bluetooth (note, switching to speaker phone immediately improves the call quality). I believe the issues involves the upgrade from Bluetooth 3 to Bluetooth 4 in the Android OS. In checking around the forums this appears to be a problem with several phones running Jelly Bean or higher 4.3+ on ALL carriers. I verified this at Best Buy in checking with the onsite Samsung tech (eventually the BB employees acknowledged it is a widespread problem). For Verizon customers with the Galaxy Note 3 you can set the network specifically to LTE/CDMA under More Settings > Mobile Network (this provides maybe a 10 to 20% improvement). The Note 3 comes unlocked and by default is set to Global. I guess it probably would stand to reason that if one owns a Galaxy Note 3 (and other Jelly Bean phones) with a carrier on a GSM network one should set their Mobile Network to GSM - not a complete fix but it seems to help it a little bit. Anyway, it obviously is NOT the carriers fault/issue since it is happening on multiple carriers and since it is happening on multiple vendors phones, it would appear to be a problem with the Android OS (both 4.3 and 4.4) and has something to due with the change to Bluetooth 4 from Bluetooth 3 (probably a driver and/or frequency issue). There is an app called Bluetooth Bug Fix but your phone has to be rooted (not sure that it works). I personally would prefer to have a real Android based fix provided thru the proper channels.

If you hear of more please let me know.

Take care...
Bruce P.

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Definitely if someone hears of a real fix please let us know I'm having the same issues as above I'm on AT&T so the GSM wont help me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699