Galaxy Note 3 - S Finder cancels out Google Now.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
When I long press the menu button, I thought it is supposed to pull up Google Now, what it does is pulls up Google Now for a second, then S Finder on top of it. Is there a way to change how to open either one of them? Maybe long press the back key to open S Finder instead?
I am using Nova launch her and even tried in those settings to change it, no go... Any help? Any walk around on how to even disable s finder without rooting? Or even making it so Google Now will be first choice.
I found there is a slight walk around, but should not have to do it this way.. Long press home key then press the Google tab at bottom of screen. Not the easiest way, but hey.. It works until they get a fix.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
When I long press the menu button, I thought it is supposed to pull up Google Now, what it does is pulls up Google Now for a second, then S Finder on top of it. Is there a way to change how to open either one of them? Maybe long press the back key to open S Finder instead?
I am using Nova launch her and even tried in those settings to change it, no go... Any help? Any walk around on how to even disable s finder without rooting? Or even making it so Google Now will be first choice.
I found there is a slight walk around, but should not have to do it this way.. Long press home key then press the Google tab at bottom of screen. Not the easiest way, but hey.. It works until they get a fix.

Posted via Android Central App

Go to Menu - Apps and clear defaults on both . Then open your preffered version and choose Launch by default.

anon8378318

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
S Finder is the built in function to launch on the Galaxy Note 3. It isn't set to default in any way, but built into the TouchWiz UX itself to launch. To pull up Google Now on the Note 3 is to long press the Home button and select the middle button on screen that displays the Google logo.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Alexandru Sasu

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

There is an option (only if you rooted your phone):
1. Open Titanium Backup and find S Finder. Freeze it
2. Use a third party launcher. I use Nova Launcher Prime so here is my case: Nova Settings > gestures and Buttons > Long-press menu is now set to open Google

That's it.
Please keep in mind that you phone has to be rooted for this to work (Titanium Backup requires root). Rooting your phone leads to loss of phone warranty so make sure you are aware of all the consequences of rooting.

Best regards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress