Note 3's Camera

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have no complaints concerning the Note3's camera...It works for me. Sometimes you just have to overlook the complainers.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I am still confused about some of their settings. Does anyone know if this device does slow motion type video and how do I implement it?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yes it does. When in the camera, hit the gear on top, select the little video camera and choose slow motion.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
0MG 206mike ! You R D man! Thank you so much! I had tried searching in the device help butdid not get this simple answer! thank you!

A bit of pocket fuzz from my Note3

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the window aisle last night on my plane ride and there was a BEAUTIFUL opportunity for me to snap a pic of the moon light reflecting on a bed of clouds that we were flying over, but alas the camera couldn't even manage that for me. I'm ready to concede that the low light sucks on this thing. The results were so abysmal that I deleted all attempts.

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I personally like the Camera on the Note 3 and use it often. Yes low light is not brilliant but overall it takes great photos. Included is a pic from near my hometown Wick in the North of Scotland.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

You need to sort out that horizon mate. Even up in Wick it's generally horizontal.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
You need to sort out that horizon mate. Even up in Wick it's generally horizontal.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Haha that would be a No I'm not a photographer and I'm not pretending to be one. It's point and shoot and if you don't like it tuff lol you could then say it's Art but I'm not an Artist either before any smart replies :p

Sent From the one the only the magnificent Note 3.

Supersonicways

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Camera is the only thing I miss from iPhone 5. Low light photos with this device are pain in the ***. With iPhone 5 I could just point and shoot. But I have to say that I have been using Note 3 for a week now and I can't imagine going back to iOS anytime soon :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

kazmi

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Can you guys suggest some settings that I can adjust or leave off to get good pics? I'm noticing a pixel-like finish on most pics; only the ones in bright sunlight come out great; others, not so much.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Coming from the Galaxy S3 I personally find the Note 3 camera to be a downgrade, but not by much. I just find the pictures a tad less sharp when you zoom in but then again it could be an illusion, since the Note 3 produces bigger pictures from its bigger camera, it might just look less sharp upon zooming in because I can zoom in a lot more, as opposed to smaller less-zoomable pictures from the S3. But overall I find myself having to retake pictures 2-3 times before I get the best focus out of the camera.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the window aisle last night on my plane ride and there was a BEAUTIFUL opportunity for me to snap a pic of the moon light reflecting on a bed of clouds that we were flying over, but alas the camera couldn't even manage that for me. I'm ready to concede that the low light sucks on this thing. The results were so abysmal that I deleted all attempts.

Do you know a decent amount about photography?? The scene you're describing to me sounds like it would be hard to capture with a REAL camera, much less one on a phone. How dark was the scene? Have you ever gone outside and tried to take a picture of the moon with a phone???? It looks absolutely NOTHING like you imagined in your head.

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
More pics outside my new job in my new city/state

OJJBH7K.jpg

SdnyLfF.jpg

Rhr2Ire.jpg

CGewQ52.jpg

k4MhWb8.jpg

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you know a decent amount about photography?? The scene you're describing to me sounds like it would be hard to capture with a REAL camera, much less one on a phone. How dark was the scene? Have you ever gone outside and tried to take a picture of the moon with a phone???? It looks absolutely NOTHING like you imagined in your head.

Considering how the Note 3 has been compared to other camera phones with great low light capabilities, I will admit that the Note 3 comes up short regardless of how much or little I know about photography.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe the low light capabilities of my Note 3 to be a bit lesser than the Note 2 I used to have.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Considering how the Note 3 has been compared to other camera phones with great low light capabilities, I will admit that the Note 3 comes up short regardless of how much or little I know about photography.

I am not saying the Note doesn't come up short in low light, but so does basically every other mobile phone on the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty