Any really good *location* based (GPS) reminders that WORK WELL ?

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I may be reading your request wrong.... Lots of good apps, but none that read minds.... you want an app to predict when you're going to leave someplace? Technology isn't there yet.

IF you've set up an appointment/meeting (e.g. doctor appt at 1:00 Wednesday), you can easily set reminders/alarms prior to 1:00 based on that appointment.

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have 20 yards to walk to get into my car. I want an app that will remind me not to forget to take something with me before I leave the parking lot. GPS is suppose to be accurate to within 3-9 yards.

I hope that is more clear.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Tasker, Llama, and AutomateIT are a few apps that have events or actions that can be triggered. I think they all have varying capabilities when it comes to location based triggers.

If you use Bluetooth, then if one is in your car and when turned to On, that could be another method to trigger a calendar or reminder app.

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Tasker, Llama, and AutomateIT are a few apps that have events or actions that can be triggered. I think they all have varying capabilities when it comes to location based triggers.

If you use Bluetooth, then if one is in your car and when turned to On, that could be another method to trigger a calendar or reminder app.

I like the bluetooth idea. Which apps implement that?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
AutomateIT Pro is what I use. It has triggers for Bluetooth Device Connected and Disconnected. I have not experimented with this, but you might be able to trigger a calendar event if Bluetooth state changes.

It's highly likely that Tasker and Llama can do this too. I just haven't used them to know for sure.

Nirvy

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, maybe WeNote is the reminder app for you. It works with beacon technology and it reminds you to do something as soon as you leave the house. You can also use it to remember others to get things done. The project is now live on Indiegogo. Go to the Indiegogo page and look for WeNote project

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez