A proud husband

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Off topic,
My wife has been using the same flip phone for the last 7 years.
It was having more and more problems. She was extremely reluctant to get a smartphone.
After all these years I finally convinced her to move into the 21st century.
She wouldn't try a Note 3 phone so I bought her a (new) Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. I know, I know but $49 bucks was all she would part with. Still.. She is on the road. I am proud of her. Us seniors can't fall too far behind.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
She'll be looking to see when she can upgrade before you know it...once you get the bug you just want bigger and better...haha she will live her new phone I'm sure.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Off topic,
My wife has been using the same flip phone for the last 7 years.
It was having more and more problems. She was extremely reluctant to get a smartphone.
After all these years I finally convinced her to move into the 21st century.
She wouldn't try a Note 3 phone so I bought her a (new) Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. I know, I know but $49 bucks was all she would part with. Still.. She is on the road. I am proud of her. Us seniors can't fall too far behind.

I just did the same with my friend of 10 yrs! He has had the same phone, flip phone also, for all those yrs. Finally I got him to try a different phone when I upgraded to my note 3. I gave him my old iPhone 4S - but he was not a fan. I found out via this forum (thank you!) that he could trade in my old iPhone and get $200 towards a note 3. With that $200 and an upgrade he paid $50 for the note 3 and he LOVES it, haha

I had lunch with him the other day and he was really happy he didn't have to call a number to get the traffic report to/from work anymore, and that he can watch netflix in bed when he can't sleep.

As Mike and Lterry have said ..pretty soon she will catch the smartphone bug ...so you better find a good hiding place for your note 3 before she steals it :) ha

Congrats on getting her to part ways with her flip phone!

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife is the same way when it comes to buying/trying something new. I had to BEG her to trade up from her OG Evo that was on it's last legs to the S4. But now that she has....she's a monster. She's talking about getting the note 4 when it comes out......I need to hide my wallet.....

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
My wife is the same way when it comes to buying/trying something new. I had to BEG her to trade up from her OG Evo that was on it's last legs to the S4. But now that she has....she's a monster. She's talking about getting the note 4 when it comes out......I need to hide my wallet.....

No matter where you hide it ....she will find it!

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Us guys are all proud husbands on this forum.
We're married to our phones.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know about you....but I'm married to a real live woman also!! :) Nothing digital about her whatsoever...although sometimes I wish I could turn her off....:)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about you....but I'm married to a real live woman also!! :) Nothing digital about her whatsoever...although sometimes I wish I could turn her off....:)

LOL - Naw you would miss her voice I'm sure! :)

There have been so many threads about "Loving" the Note 3 as the "bestest ever" I was having to avert my eyes.
I like to think I am more well balanced.
I "like" my phone, a lot, of course - but it will never overtake my affections for a healthy sheep and my collection of inflatables.

Maybe I should get another woman in my life. They sound expensive though.
Then my wife might object. :)

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
LOL - Naw you would miss her voice I'm sure! :)

There have been so many threads about "Loving" the Note 3 as the "bestest ever" I was having to avert my eyes.
I like to think I am more well balanced.
I "like" my phone, a lot, of course - but it will never overtake my affections for a healthy sheep and my collection of inflatables.

Maybe I should get another woman in my life. They sound expensive though.
Then my wife might object. :)

YUU so Cwazy!

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Proud Husband is starting to regret the wifes smartphone...
She is reading CNN news for the last 30 minutes. Won't put it down. She is downloading Beach boys music! Somebody help me! No supper for me tonight. Weather in Bangladesh... Talking about getting a bigger. Screen.. Help! 😫

Last edited:

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It isn't quite as big a jump as you got your wife to make, but I just got my wife to jump from an iPhone to Android because she kept complaining her phone was making her eyes hurt. I told her it was too small and I was going to get her a G2 to try and if she didn't like it, she could return it. She just let me trade her iPhone for my Note 3.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
ConGrats on your Wife's new "smartphone". Start saving some money for the larger screen you have to buy next month...ENJOY....SMILE