I just dropped my phone

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You might get up to $200 - 300 on eBay if you declare the damage. Water damaged, screen replacement ones at least seem to be fetching that. Case or internals broken?
Get a store or someone to check it over. Pre-owned ones are getting cheaper. It may not be a mega loss.
Too much information in your OP :). When you have recovered enough some with similar experiences may be able to advise.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You guys have no heart.
I couldn't afford a new phone for 7 years until a GS2, and got this Note 3 for ?450 new. If this falls I'm done for. Separate insurance is way too expensive, and they will crawl out of paying you for dropping your own phone.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure the carrier that you are on, but att is selling the refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for $250 .

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You guys have no heart.
I couldn't afford a new phone for 7 years until a GS2, and got this Note 3 for ?450 new. If this falls I'm done for. Separate insurance is way too expensive, and they will crawl out of paying you for dropping your own phone.

Madd54, we have a heart and have sympathy for him, you, and everyone that can't afford the insurance. I know the phone is sexy as hell without a case on it but there are cases that can be put on and taken off easily....at least for "some" protection against an accidental drop or.... wife throwing it across the yard....."Accidents Happen" by Thomas the train comes to mind.

Too many times I have read that someone's REFUSED to use a case then post that it's broke from dropping it and ask how they can scam the carrier into getting a new phone.

If anyone doesn't have one or both protections in place, it's bound to happen. Murphy's Law :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Madd54, we have a heart and have sympathy for him, you, and everyone that can't afford the insurance. I know the phone is sexy as hell without a case on it but there are cases that can be put on and taken off easily....at least for "some" protection against an accidental drop or.... wife throwing it across the yard....."Accidents Happen" by Thomas the train comes to mind.

Too many times I have read that someone's REFUSED to use a case then post that it's broke from dropping it and ask how they can scam the carrier into getting a new phone.

If anyone doesn't have one or both protections in place, it's bound to happen. Murphy's Law :)

All in jest.
I have 2 cases but prefer the lighter cheaper one. If I break my phone or screen I can accept it. I will get something cheaper or use my GS2. I got a good price anyway.
If I was a young guy though who saved up $700 or whatever, insurance wouldn't come in to my equation. I would never drop it!

You're right of course. Case and insurance.
I wouldn't trust UK insurers to pay up, or replace like with like, but have no recent cases to quote.

We don't know if the OP had a case, or what happened. I answered his 2 early threads. I don't think we will hear more.

But next time I come off my roller-skates - I'm not coming to you guys for a hug! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress