Hard to push power button?

Hashu Rahim

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Recently I have noticed my power button has become much hard to press, its not sticking out as much as before.. is there anyway i can fix this? Would it be covered under my warranty? Also, do Otterbox cases make it worst, I recently got an Otterbox and a friend of mine has been telling me that the Otterbox case will push the power button deeper, is this true?

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you got something stuck in there, like liquid that has since dried and caused the button to stick...

It happened to me on the Home button and I ended up using some alcohol with compressed air to get it cleaned out; It has been working fine ever since.

If that's the case, follow these steps below to fix:

1) Remove the battery from the phone

2) Drop a liberal amount of alcohol around the power button so it soaks in right down to the board and let it sit in there for 30 seconds or so, while pressing and releasing the power button until it unsticks itself ...then use compressed air to blow it completely dry.

3) You may have to repeat the process a few times.

******* Use only Isopropyl alcohol...91% or greater (rubbing alcohol). It will not damage the phone. *******

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress