Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I have read all the threads and post about the Zerolemon Extended battery for the Note 3 and am tempted to get it. Mainly for the awesome battery life. I hate charging my phone or having battery anxiety.

I currently have the Anker 6400 mAh extended battery and love it. It last at least double the stock battery and doesn't add too much weight. And am using the Seidio dilex extended case which I like

For other users who may have used the Anker or Hyperion and went to Zerolemon, should I do it? Is the awesome battery worth the extra weight?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The weight is worth it if you need the power for a long period of time. This thing is literally a deadly weapon with that battery, it is heavy but you can't argue with the SoT, I've gotten 12 hours on screen and over 30 on battery with nearly continuous use. I use it whenever there is a power outage in our area. It's nice to have around but it's not a daily driver for me.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The weight is worth it if you need the power for a long period of time. This thing is literally a deadly weapon with that battery, it is heavy but you can't argue with the SoT, I've gotten 12 hours on screen and over 30 on battery with nearly continuous use. I use it whenever there is a power outage in our area. It's nice to have around but it's not a daily driver for me.

Thanks for the quick reply. I want something as a daily driver. So probably will stick with the Anker extended battery. It has been very good, I can get up to 10 hours on screen time with it. Pretty impressive.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the Anker 6400 as well, it is a really decent battery. I routinely get 8+ hours every day. I don't understand how anyone can get those hours from a stock battery. I usually have an extended battery waiting before I get a new phone, lol, I'm battery obsessed. 😄

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Stock battery is pretty weak with how much we can do with the Note 3. I've been very happy with the Anker battery and well worth the small weight increase.

tgdinamo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I went from stock to ZeroLemon and consider this the best phone upgrade I have ever done (any phone).
In the case of large phone like Note 3 I actually prefer it to be thicker - seems less likely to bend/crack in my pocket over the thin but fragile naked phone (no more worries after turning it into a brick :)). And since you need a large pocket for this phone either way, may as well add some thickness, in addition to incredible battery life. One thing though - if you go with ZeroLemon get a separate screen protector (ie glass) - the built in ZeroLemon screen protector is cheap plastic (imho that's the only downside to this amazing product).

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I went from stock to ZeroLemon and consider this the best phone upgrade I have ever done (any phone).
In the case of large phone like Note 3 I actually prefer it to be thicker - seems less likely to bend/crack in my pocket over the thin but fragile naked phone (no more worries after turning it into a brick :)). And since you need a large pocket for this phone either way, may as well add some thickness, in addition to incredible battery life. One thing though - if you go with ZeroLemon get a separate screen protector (ie glass) - the built in ZeroLemon screen protector is cheap plastic (imho that's the only downside to this amazing product).

Wasn't going from stock Note 3 to the Zerolemon a big shock in terms of weight?

Yeah I have a tempered glass screen protector on my phone already. I plan to remove the plastic screen protector on the case if I get the Zerolemon

tgdinamo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Wasn't going from stock Note 3 to the Zerolemon a big shock in terms of weight?

I personally like added thickness and weight - the device feels more robust and the rubbery surface makes me feel like I'm less likely to drop it. Also, I'm not worried about something bad happening to it any longer while it's in my pocket (which I did when I had the naked phone - I think it is too thin for the pocket given how large the screen is). Having said that, the weight with the Zerolemon battery is very noticeable, and to be fair I have seen posts where people are objecting to both weight and thickness.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the honest opinion. Wished the local AT&T had one or someone I knew had one so I can hold it in person and see firsthand.

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I have read all the threads and post about the Zerolemon Extended battery for the Note 3 and am tempted to get it. Mainly for the awesome battery life. I hate charging my phone or having battery anxiety.

I currently have the Anker 6400 mAh extended battery and love it. It last at least double the stock battery and doesn't add too much weight. And am using the Seidio dilex extended case which I like

For other users who may have used the Anker or Hyperion and went to Zerolemon, should I do it? Is the awesome battery worth the extra weight?

If you don't mind the extra size once the hard case is installed I highly recommend it. The extended battery life is simply awesome!!! FYI, I popped the plastic protective screen cover out of mine...much better!!

You can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im5yWu0cIhI

Last edited:

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the video link above. I've seen it before. Still going back and forth on this battery...

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I always purchased Hyperion. Just recently my wife's Hyperion battery started to heat up. I think it was the battery time to go any way. But I converted to Anker and believe me the battery is excellent. I get great battery life with this

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch