New look?

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering why doesn't Samsung ever update the actual TouchWiz look and widgets when they do software updates. It really pisses me off when we get an update and the crap looks the same. Any thoughts? I have one. Too keep us buying the new stuff right?

I am Aquaman!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Updating the UI is a pretty big deal. I think there have already been some recent additions like the Magazine UX. The pace of Samsung's major UI refreshes is probably not that different from HTC or Motorola.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Be careful what you wish for sometimes...I know a lot of iphone users that had to relearn how to use their phones after a major update...comments like my contacts and the way the phone looks and works is nothing like it used to be. Some people like the convenience of having things the same when they pick up their phone because then everything is easy and automatic...not having to think about how do I add a new contact again etc.
We are so lucky we can use differentlauncher and resize icons , change icon appearance, overlap widgets...all the stuff you are talking about. Launchers give us a lot of latitude when it comes to changing thing up appearance wise.

I appreciate where you are coming from(It's kinda like getting a new device when we get an update) but there are options other than one forced on us by a permanent change to a ui some users are used to and like.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
lterry913-that's a great point. I came from an iPhone this year and never have cared much for the way they changed things after the last major software update. Didn't like the appearance of some things, the search function and a couple others and I didn't want to jailbreak or anything. I totally appreciate Android, and I've tested out a couple launchers and right now back to TW. I like that there are options and I still might opt for a launcher. I like that I have the ability to do that so readily. I may very well go for Nova or Apex pro but I have to decide what's worth it for me before I buy a pro version. Right now I don't mind TW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38