Case similar to UAG, but not slippery

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I usually use an otterbox defender on all my phones. I have one for my note 3, but I would like something smaller for days when I I don't need as much protection. I bought a UAG but gave it away shortly after. I don't know if it really is slippery, or I'm just used to the rubber exterior of my defender and the increased grip it offers. Every time I put the UAG on, I felt like I had to hold it very carefully with both hands, because it was going to skip out of my hand at any second. I did like the fit and size though. I've looked at the trident aegis and cyclops, but the poly carbonate backing on both of them looks slick as well. I want something that actually provides protection. Something like the spigen neo hybrid is too brittle.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I usually use an otterbox defender on all my phones. I have one for my note 3, but I would like something smaller for days when I I don't need as much protection. I bought a UAG but gave it away shortly after. I don't know if it really is slippery, or I'm just used to the rubber exterior of my defender and the increased grip it offers. Every time I put the UAG on, I felt like I had to hold it very carefully with both hands, because it was going to skip out of my hand at any second. I did like the fit and size though. I've looked at the trident aegis and cyclops, but the poly carbonate backing on both of them looks slick as well. I want something that actually provides protection. Something like the spigen neo hybrid is too brittle.

It is because you are used to a defender. I typically use either a Spigen Slim Armor or Otterbox Commuter for daily use and switch to a UAG when I need more grip and protection.

Anything is going to feel slippery after using a defender.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.