Getting frustrated managing Contacts my new Note 3 device - Please guide..

AndroidTechH3lP

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I am using Note 3 for past few days, and it is becoming difficult to manage my contacts in 1 place.
I use many social applications like whatsapp, chaton, fb, twitter etc. and keep receiving new contacts from those places.
Also, keep adding new contacts manually or via different email applications (inbuilt email or directly opening emails via browser firefox/chrome).

Problem:
I want to keep all my contacts centrally in 1 place.. so I do not loose them.
I need to sync all contacts to 1 main account only.. as contacts are scattered in various places and also have unwanted contacts in other apps/accounts.

I have few accounts, list in order displayed on phone.
Device - 0 contacts
Sim card - 0 contacts
Whatsapp - (few contacts who use whatsapp are displayed here.. All contacts are present in google account)
google (xyz@gmail.com) (I have all my contacts stored in this account) (around 450 contacts here in different groups)
Exchange account (xyz@hotmail.com this is primary/default email) There are many contacts here, which I dont want to add/merge to my phone, as this are business contacts and I only use them mostly for email. Many of this contacts also have phone numbers national/international both
Samsung (xyz@hotmail.com using same exchange email id) Not sure how many contacts this has.
Facebook (More then 1500+ friends/relatives/business people here) Many of this friends are already present in my google account. I dont want to merge this data with my proper list.. as I never communicate with this friends on phone..)

Now.. when anyone sends me a contact via whatsapp or any other above accounts, it gets added to device or respective accounts only.. which troubles a lot..
I also want to sync only photos of people who are listed in gmail account (not all facebook contacts).

But next time, when I will do flash my rom.. it will disappear again !

Please help.. hope I am able to frame the question/problem properly..

Since I last upgraded to lollipop, all the photos I had for contacts are lost (as google does not syncs photos on gmail or google people)

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
In the Contacts app, export contact list(s) not already in your Google (aka Gmail) contacts that you want to combine into a single master contact database as a .vcf file(s). You should be able to export SIM contacts also. If SIM contacts will only export as a .cvs that will work.

Import that file(s) into your Gmail contacts, with a computer is easiest. Then click on: More > Find & merge duplicates to clean things up. I think you'll have to manually delete Facebook contacts and any other unwanted contacts that were already in your Google contacts. Export the cleaned master list as .vcf file and keep for backup.

Resync your contacts to the phone. Then in the contacts app go to: Settings > Contacts to display and select your Gmail account. You should see only the contacts in the cleaned up list you created. You can delete other contacts on the phone if you want to keep them from showing up in searches.

Google contacts certainly does sync photos and all notes, addresses, groups - all info you enter for a contact syncs. I don't know of any way to sync photos of Gmail contacts but not Facebook. I don't Facebook, maybe someone else here who does can help with that.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

AndroidTechH3lP

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks
But still some contacts get added to device

Now.. when anyone sends me a contact via whatsapp or any other above accounts, it gets added to device or respective accounts only.. which troubles a lot..

Waiting for Facebook photos syncing solution for existing Gmail contacts only and saving this updated contacts to Gmail again
I also want to sync only photos of people who are listed in gmail account (not all facebook contacts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87