Can I get some help with some display problems I am having on my Samsung Note 3?

Afsal Kamal

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Note 3 display problem

I have a problem with my phone Samsung note 3. I have been using my phone for 11 months. One day my display started showing issues, but just 2 minutes before this issue I was using the phone normally. No physical damage was there. My touch screen is working properly. I can attend calls. But nothing can be seen.

IMAG0090.jpg

What is the solution for this? Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 3 display problem

Welcome to Android Central! That looks like either a screen failure or a bad connection. Any recent drops, trauma or water exposure?

The phone should still be under warranty, so contact a Samsung service center.

Afsal Kamal

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

No drop for a long time (5 months). May be slight water exposure.
I switched off my phone for a long time, now phone works without any problem.
Will this issue occur again? What is the solution?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hard to say if it will happen again. The problem now is that you're probably getting close to the end of your warranty, so if it happens again after you warranty expires, and the screen stays that way, then it'll cost a bit to fix it.

Afsal Kamal

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

Can you suggest whether it is a hardware problem or a display problem? But my touch screen was working fine.

Afsal Kamal

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

do you have any solution to this problem. How to fix it?
Or is it better to sell the phone? Is there any chance that buyer findout this problem unless it occurs again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't recommend selling the phone and not warning the buyer about the potential problem. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be in that situation if you were on the buying end.

As I mentioned before, since the phone should still be under warranty, I would contact Samsung and ask about warranty repair. Show them the picture you posted here.

Afsal Kamal

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

i got the phone from my uncle who is abroad. So it will be difficult to get warranty as samsung don't have international warranty for mobile phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Well in that case, you might as well continue using it, since the screen seems back to normal. But make sure you keep your data synced or backed up, because if this happens again, it might not recover.