Note 3 lollipop app switcher battery

marselisgn3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
If i keep all my apps stocked on the app switcher would this consume more battery. Or should i keep closing all apps from the app switcher the preserve more vattery?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
app switcher only really shows recent apps, it may well already be closed already.

I do suggest using soft reboot apps to clear out memory from time to time. Lot of apps and services may stuck in the background and eat up the battery for no good reason.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If i keep all my apps stocked on the app switcher would this consume more battery. Or should i keep closing all apps from the app switcher the preserve more vattery?

You should ignore them. It actually costs more battery life if you keep closing them because then more has to be done later if they have to be reopened. Android is very good about closing things when it needs to. All those memory cleaners do more hard than good on Android.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
You should ignore them. It actually costs more battery life if you keep closing them because then more has to be done later if they have to be reopened. Android is very good about closing things when it needs to. All those memory cleaners do more hard than good on Android.

mmmm... no, it was advertized that way, that android memory management is "smart" and "efficient", but in reality, apps and services stuck all the time in the background, cleaning running apps out of memory is a effective way to "cure" mysterious battery drain.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
mmmm... no, it was advertized that way, that android memory management is "smart" and "efficient", but in reality, apps and services stuck all the time in the background, cleaning running apps out of memory is a effective way to "cure" mysterious battery drain.

Sorry, but I hear this kind of FUD occasionally, and no one ever provides a link to a study that actually came to this conclusion. Its like draining a new battery. It used to be a good idea, and now its got some people who just won't let it go.

Even the value gained by killing all apps to get rid of an occasional rogue program has to be balanced against the cost of killing all the well behaved ones that would be better left in memory. About two or three times a year I wake up to find that Android services or Facebook or the Amazon App store have killed my battery overnight. That doesn't make it a good idea to run some "cleaner" the other 362 days a year.

So, if you want to point us towards a real test that someone has done that shows its a good idea, I would be glad to read it. Until then, I'm going to stick with "mmmm...yes".

marselisgn3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't really care whatever you want to believe. I have 8 hr sot, if yout can do better, be my guest.

Thats a lot. I mean on very low brightness i got 7hrs of sot. In lollipop which is really good on battery i get 6 hrs of sot if not more. But 8 sot? Impressive

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care whatever you want to believe.

Why so defensive? You made a statement that doesn't seem to be supportable in the real world. I asked you to support it. That's called "having a conversation". If you don't want to "have a conversation", why are you participating in a forum?

I have 8 hr sot, if yout can do better, be my guest.

I typically get between 7 and 8, but I'm on a Note 4, so I don't know if that should be higher or lower than a Note 3. In any case, the number is somewhat meaningless without an idea as to where we keep out brightness set. If you keep yours at 100%, 8 hours is phenomenal. If you keep it at 10%, 8 hours is not that good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member