Why does my music app stop when I hit the playlist tab?

jmhardwick

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded the 5.0 update this morning. I opened my music app (factory) and touched the playlist tab. A box popped up and said the music player has stopped. What happened to my playlists? I'm not impressed with this update so far.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a bug/glitch in the update install. Try going to your My Apps list at the Play Store and seeing if your music app updated and uninstall the update for the app, and then install it again and see if the problem persists. If it does then you may be looking at a Factory Reset, which will wipe and reinstall everything from a basically zero state instead of trying to overlay it with your existing OS. In the past it was a pretty normal practice to have to FR with every OS update but these days it rare but still occasionally happens. You say you're not impressed with the update so far, which seems to indicate that this may not be your only issue with it so doing an FR may in fact be beneficial to other issues you might be noticing. There are several guides to help you back up your device as best as possible without root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty