How can I access my Note 3's internal data (via PC) when the device isn't working?

A

AC Question

How can I access Note 3's internal data (via PC) when the device isn't working?

Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I haven't been able to find a solution. My mother's Samsung Note 3 updated itself to Android 5.0 and has since been stuck in a reboot loop. It reboots immediately, so I can't do anything with the phone.

I've accepted that I will need to format/restore the phone, but I would really like to backup the photos which are still on the device. Is there any way I can possibly do this?

I have tried:
1) Deleting the cache;
2) Using Odin tools to load different firmware versions on the phone (4.4.2, other 5.0 versions for different carriers);
3) Safe mode.

None of these has worked, and the phone will always restart itself less than a second after booting up. This phone had a similar issue before which was fixed by turning off Wi-Fi (the issue was "always search for Wi-Fi hotspot), but now I can't even get it into aeroplane mode because it reboots too quickly.

Any help would be appreciated. I just want to plug it into a PC and copy the internal photos if possible.

Thanks.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How can I access Note 3's internal data (via PC) when the device isn't working?

Hi, so when the device is booting up, does it constantly restart itself not allowing you to do anything? are you able to boot the device in to safe mode? also have you considered changing the battery encase that is the issue?

max planck

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: How can I access Note 3's internal data (via PC) when the device isn't working?

Yes, it restarts within 1 second. The battery is fine, as it is able to remain on in recovery mode, and holds charge well. This issue only started after the 5.0 update.

Booting the device in safe mode doesn't work since it just reboots itself immediately.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Hi and thanks for coming back and joining us :) it sounds like a right pickle. I suppose your Mother doesn't have her photo's backed up at all? Perhaps she has Google Photos installed and hasn't noticed? you could try logging in to Google Photos from a laptop and seeing if her photos are there - allowing you to perform the factory reset on the device.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Download Samsung Smart Switch, to your PC, select emergency firmware recovery and follow the instructions. Have the USB cable that came with the device handy as you will need it