Note 3 not learning new words... Help please! I'm going insane

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

I have a Galaxy note 3 (old i know but does everything i want.. mostly!) Running kit kat (old i know but i like the interface.)

Recently the phone stopped learning new words and seemed to clear all of my old words too!

I saw a lot of threads with most of them sorting the issue with a few common fixes however none of these fixes work on mine.

Everytime i type a word and click on it to learn it, it does so, and i can type it again and it recognises the word, but as soon as i change app or go back into the same app its forgotten the word, like a memory of a goldfish!

Here is the list of things I've tried;
1) Clicked on the settings icon for samsung keyboard and turned auto replacement and predictive text on and off. (this did work once for a day then stopped)
2) Changed the language to English US (I'm uk)
3) Pressed reset settings on samsung keyboard
4) Installed swift key
5) Installed google keyboard
6) Removed my account from google which deleted all apps and i re downloaded them again.

I dont really want to reset the phone as I cant be bother to back everything up and I'd prefer not to update as I quite like KitKat and it was working before.

Sorry for long post but thought it would save people typing a solution i've already tried.

Thanks all

May 12, 2014
Visit site
hi again, tried that didnt work still has same problem, also searched lots of threads and the people having my problem also tried restetting whole phone but still wouldnt do it.
Any other ideas?

May 12, 2014
Visit site
For anybody else who may stumble on this problem I found a fix, its not ideal but at least it saves words.

The app is called "Kika Keyboard - Emoji, GIFs" by "kika keyboard team", its definitely not the best out there and probably not geared towards adults, (lots of smileys and theme) but i think it might use its own dictionary of learned words as its the only keyboard that actually works. It has 50 million downloads so i'm going to assume its safe. When you tell it to not correct a word it makes you confirm which adds to the dictionary.

I have tried google keyboard, swift key, fleksy, go keyboard, and none of them can fix the problem so it must be some kind of android problem.

Hopefully this helps a lot of you out there as I know from the forums i was visiting there were still lots of us where the usual fixes werent working for us.

P.s I'm still looking for a fix to the samsung keyboard if anyone has any ideas or finds one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Could it be some sort of Samsung security issue? Check to see if Knox is fully up to date in the Galaxy Apps Store or the Play Store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty