Samsung Galaxy Note 3 wi-fi won't stay on?

Morganucodon

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking through the forums but I haven't encountered a problem exactly like mine. So my phone worked perfectly fine this morning. My work wi-fi sucks so I turned off the wi-fi on my phone and used data all day. When I got home from work I tried to switch on my wi-fi but about half a second after I turned it on, it turned itself off again. This happens no matter how many times I restart the phone (in normal and safe mode). The wifi slider isn't grey. I can "turn it on". The indicator turns green on my home screen and in the setting screen, but it turns itself off again immediately after. I have also tried:
- restarting my router
- leaving my phone off for a few minutes
- forgetting all wifi networks
- toggling my data on and off

As a side note my bluetooth still works. Can someone help me?

Ekajmai

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi there

Sorry I don't have a fix but if any comfort same thing happened to me about 48 hrs ago. I did a factory reset and that resolved the issue. But as I was rebuilding my phone apps and settings the fault reoccured. Most frustrating. Hope someone can help.
Defour looks like a software rather than hardware issue. Out of interest do you use Android wear?

I've been looking through the forums but I haven't encountered a problem exactly like mine. So my phone worked perfectly fine this morning. My work wi-fi sucks so I turned off the wi-fi on my phone and used data all day. When I got home from work I tried to switch on my wi-fi but about half a second after I turned it on, it turned itself off again. This happens no matter how many times I restart the phone (in normal and safe mode). The wifi slider isn't grey. I can "turn it on". The indicator turns green on my home screen and in the setting screen, but it turns itself off again immediately after. I have also tried:
- restarting my router
- leaving my phone off for a few minutes
- forgetting all wifi networks
- toggling my data on and off

As a side note my bluetooth still works. Can someone help me?

Leighbott

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
FIXED - i was having the same problem on my S7 till I followed these instructions from user IAmSixNine:

Found a work around.
go into settings, Privacy and Safety, Location, Improve Accuracy, WiFi Scanning ---- Mine is set to On which is causing the glitch. By turning that OFF i now have normal operation of my WiFi and phone is no longer laggy or over heating.

Hope it works for you too!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood