Samsung Galaxy Note 3 wi-fi won't stay on?

Morganucodon

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking through the forums but I haven't encountered a problem exactly like mine. So my phone worked perfectly fine this morning. My work wi-fi sucks so I turned off the wi-fi on my phone and used data all day. When I got home from work I tried to switch on my wi-fi but about half a second after I turned it on, it turned itself off again. This happens no matter how many times I restart the phone (in normal and safe mode). The wifi slider isn't grey. I can "turn it on". The indicator turns green on my home screen and in the setting screen, but it turns itself off again immediately after. I have also tried:
- restarting my router
- leaving my phone off for a few minutes
- forgetting all wifi networks
- toggling my data on and off

As a side note my bluetooth still works. Can someone help me?

Ekajmai

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi there

Sorry I don't have a fix but if any comfort same thing happened to me about 48 hrs ago. I did a factory reset and that resolved the issue. But as I was rebuilding my phone apps and settings the fault reoccured. Most frustrating. Hope someone can help.
Defour looks like a software rather than hardware issue. Out of interest do you use Android wear?

I've been looking through the forums but I haven't encountered a problem exactly like mine. So my phone worked perfectly fine this morning. My work wi-fi sucks so I turned off the wi-fi on my phone and used data all day. When I got home from work I tried to switch on my wi-fi but about half a second after I turned it on, it turned itself off again. This happens no matter how many times I restart the phone (in normal and safe mode). The wifi slider isn't grey. I can "turn it on". The indicator turns green on my home screen and in the setting screen, but it turns itself off again immediately after. I have also tried:
- restarting my router
- leaving my phone off for a few minutes
- forgetting all wifi networks
- toggling my data on and off

As a side note my bluetooth still works. Can someone help me?

Leighbott

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
FIXED - i was having the same problem on my S7 till I followed these instructions from user IAmSixNine:

Found a work around.
go into settings, Privacy and Safety, Location, Improve Accuracy, WiFi Scanning ---- Mine is set to On which is causing the glitch. By turning that OFF i now have normal operation of my WiFi and phone is no longer laggy or over heating.

Hope it works for you too!