SD cards and Spare Batteries

trickz20

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Where do you purchase SD cards and batteries for the note 4!? Also what's a good make and model for SD cards!? Any links!? Cheers!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Where do you purchase SD cards and batteries for the note 4!? Also what's a good make and model for SD cards!? Any links!? Cheers!

I couldn't get a URL to the AC store So I took a screenshot. But in the Android Central store it's Not a bad deal. What I plan on doing. I don't know if they have any deals on cards or Not. Wouldn't hurt to shop around.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-03-08-41-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-03-08-41-36.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 360

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Closingracer, my experience with SanDisk SD cards been just the opposite! :)

I have two ultra 64 gb class 10 and now a 128GB ultra class 10 and the all work perfectly.
The 128gb is in my Note 4 it is perfect. I make sure I format the SD card in the device I am using it in. Along with not shutting the device off during a write to the card. Also it has been my experience with SanDisk they will quickly stand behind their products with a quick replacement.

Again, that has been my experience.

I always have at least 1 spare battery with me at all times. You will never here me complain about pour battery time because the Note 4 has a REMOVEABLE BATTERY, that it seems few users take advantage of, judging from the many poor battery threads.:D

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Closingracer, my experience with SanDisk SD cards been just the opposite! :)

I have two ultra 64 gb class 10 and now a 128GB ultra class 10 and the all work perfectly.
The 128gb is in my Note 4 it is perfect. I make sure I format the SD card in the device I am using it in. Along with not shutting the device off during a write to the card. Also it has been my experience with SanDisk they will quickly stand behind their products with a quick replacement.

Again, that has been my experience.

I always have at least 1 spare battery with me at all times. You will never here me complain about pour battery time because the Note 4 has a REMOVEABLE BATTERY, that it seems few users take advantage of, judging from the many poor battery threads.:D

They stand by it but I rather not keep mailing them in lol .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought my spare from Samsung. I am using their spare battery / charging kit. Works flawlessly :).

trickz20

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys! I think I'll hold off on the spare battery for now because It last me a day and half easily anyways, but will be good in the future to have. I'm definitely thinking of an SD card asap though. Tough choice between SanDisk and Samsung. The Sandisk has a better 64GB price than the samsung... Decisions decisions!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys! I think I'll hold off on the spare battery for now because It last me a day and half easily anyways, but will be good in the future to have. I'm definitely thinking of an SD card asap though. Tough choice between SanDisk and Samsung. The Sandisk has a better 64GB price than the samsung... Decisions decisions!

Shop around. I'd check with eBay and Amazon. You may be able to get a better deal on eBay, if you compare sellers' prices.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Not really just look at the read and write speeds for the sandisk ultras and the Samsung pro. 48 read and I think around 30mb write speed vs samsungs 90 read and 50 write speed .

1d402108c9d93fba45054cec3366b56f.jpg

d89ef66e1bb51b842ce4aca5466dac45.jpg

Yes the sandisk is cheaper but you get a product that isn't equal to the Samsung one. The closest I seen sandisk is 60 read speeds for $45-49 I think on Amazon

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Eww micro sd cards from China ...l

There are sellers listed in this country. You just have to check the sellers' location, if you don't want to buy from overseas sellers. And don't disregard them simply out of hand. I've bought products from Korean and Chinese sellers, and have been very happy with them. (BTW, where do you think these cards are made, anyway?}

Nobbb

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, I would go with Samsung. I've never really had any or heard any problems with Samsung SD CARDS.
SanDisk on the other hand, heard and read people having problems with it.

Also, what are your main usages for your SD Card? If it really just stays in your phone for storage, the EVO series is really good enough.
The don't really think there's that great of a difference compared to the PRO

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
And if you go to Amazon MAKE SURE you read reviews first. There are many great deals to be had on Amazon...only problem is many (all) of the exceptional deals are fake! You can find good deals...but be wary.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
There are sellers listed in this country. You just have to check the sellers' location, if you don't want to buy from overseas sellers. And don't disregard them simply out of hand. I've bought products from Korean and Chinese sellers, and have been very happy with them. (BTW, where do you think these cards are made, anyway?}

Lol eBay is known to sell cheap crap from China .....I wouldn't trust eBay ever ....

Rally Android

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
For memory cards I wouldn't trust eBay, due to counterfeit cards. Sometimes even reputable eBay dealers don't even know they got counterfeit cards. The only places I always buy memory is from B&H or Adorama, plus there return policy us great and they'll match prices, or even return money if there's a price decrease.

trickz20

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the 64GB Samsung EVO or PRO. Will I really notice a difference with the EVO and PRO? I'll just be using it for on phone storage. Pictures, videos, etc. Can you also store your music on it!?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
My phone is a daily use item like my car. So I tend to treat items under warranty a little differently if they are a daily use item. If the manufacturer says do this or do that and has a specific recommendation for a particular accessory if the cost is not ridiculous I tend to use that recommended accessory. Not because I think the manufacturer has a special item or special deal or anything like that. Simply because if I have a warranty problem it is one less thing the manufacturer can point to and say well it's because you're using XYZ item or you're not using this item that we recommended.

If I'm in that situation I can simply say hey I'm following all of the manufacturer's recommended guidelines and my device is still defective please replace it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress