Note 4 Release for Verizon?

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
This will be my first Note purchase. My dad has had the Note 2 for a year or more, and every time he comes over im jealous. Right now in rocking an M7.
So postulating from the previous Note reveals and releases, do we have an idea on the release from Verizon? If they are saying October, do we think all carriers with get them in October?
I'm asking because my last phone was the Verizon Nexus, and it felt like forever after initial reveal that it came out. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
As someone who lived the nexus debacle, i can tell you that was actually a doozy and not exactly on par with most releases. Since then I purchased the n2 and n3 on launch and we were only about 10 days later than other carriers last year with the N3. I'm guessing it will be the same this time around. I'm thinking mid to late October release. Hopefully.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Take this with a bag of salt, not just a grain - but the Verizon rep I spoke to said to "keep an eye out for October 20th-22nd for a new device"

Not sure I want to believe it, he seemed kinda like he was trying to be "that guy" that knows something he really doesn't. But I'm shooting for having my existing device paid off by end of October, order an Otterbox/Trident case via amazon AND THEN get the Note 4. Plenty of time to save up.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
As an on again, off again Verizon customer for over 20 years I can say expect them to be last and likely late October or November depending on how much crapware they want rammed into it. I suspect AT&T, T-Mobile will be first with Sprint 2nd/3rd. Verizon will be last based on my past experiences with their launches.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Didn't the very first Note 3's last year have some sort of glitch at the initial launch? I think when I got mine from Verizon on launch day, it had an update waiting for it right out of the box. It's not always best to be first.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would guess similar to the note 3, which I got on release day.

ujypy3u2.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Didn't the very first Note 3's last year have some sort of glitch at the initial launch? I think when I got mine from Verizon on launch day, it had an update waiting for it right out of the box. It's not always best to be first.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That is not necessarily true, Verizon mucks things up big time on their devices which is the reason they have to push updates on launch or soon after. If they stopped crippling and removing features and shipped the phones as designed by the OEM's like apple forces them to do the Android world would be a lot better for it.

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So I got an email this morning from Verizon that I had an early upgrade possible (I am not currently on the EDGE plan). My next upgrade isnt until next year. I assume this is meant to coincide with the Iphone. But I would like to use this for the Note 4. Only issue is that it expires 9/30. Think we will be able to pre-order the Note 4 on Verizon so I can use the early upgrade verizon is talking about?
I certainly hope so.
Otherwise I'm gonna have to steal my wife's upgrade again and give her my hand-me-down M7 :)

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I am really interested in the Note 4, but they really hurt themselves by holding out on the release date. Should've released it before the Apple craze kicked in.

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is great at one thing, screwing themselves over. While they make great products, they fail at execution of said products especially in mobile. Announce a product at IFA and then don't give a price or release date, then 6 days later your biggest competitor makes an announcement, with price, and pre-orders up within 3 days and shipping 7 days after that. Who is dropping the ball at Samsung.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is great at one thing, screwing themselves over. While they make great products, they fail at execution of said products especially in mobile. Announce a product at IFA and then don't give a price or release date, then 6 days later your biggest competitor makes an announcement, with price, and pre-orders up within 3 days and shipping 7 days after that. Who is dropping the ball at Samsung.

Some Korean ! :p

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Well price and release date varies even among usa carriers for Samsung. For Apple, it is the same on contract pricing.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3