10-15-2014 04:24 AM
52 123
tools
    You can recharge your iphone 6 in the microwave too.
    nlitenme and worwig like this.
    09-23-2014 02:57 PM
    I just talked to a high up rep in person from Samsung mobile today and he said that the NOTE 4 IS WATER RESISTANT!!!! He said don't believe the blogs. He has seen it underwater himself and it had no problems working afterwards.
    Troll?
    keyzlife likes this.
    09-23-2014 04:12 PM
    Thing's I don't like -

- TouchWiz - big bloated and ugly
    - physical home button
    - speaker on back instead of bottom/front
    09-23-2014 05:45 PM
    Thing's I don't like -

- TouchWiz - big bloated and ugly
    - physical home button
    - speaker on back instead of bottom/front
    I don't have a problem with Touch Wiz or whatever they call the UI
    now. I really like the home button. Switching back and forth from Android
    and iOS, the home button just seems comfortable to me. The speakers
    on the back doesn't really matter to me either. I usually have my headphones
    plugged in anyway.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    09-23-2014 10:50 PM
    The Note 4 is damn near perfect. The only thing I could ask for is Samsung to remove that creepy face that's the default picture for missing contact photos.
    Is there anyway to disable contact photos entirely?
    Im coming from HTC One where it isn't possible.
    I don't have photos for any of my contacts because I think it would be a bit weird asking someone if I can take a photo of them to use as a contact photo....and for me it's either have photos for all of them or none of them.
    09-24-2014 02:03 AM
    Is there anyway to disable contact photos entirely?
    Im coming from HTC One where it isn't possible.
    I don't have photos for any of my contacts because I think it would be a bit weird asking someone if I can take a photo of them to use as a contact photo....and for me it's either have photos for all of them or none of them.
    Or you can do what I do. A lot of my contacts have profile photos synced through social networks, but for those that don't have photos, I just find a celebrity that looks like them and place that as that persons profile picture until I get one.

09-25-2014 07:50 AM
    Didn't I read that the heart rate monitor on the back can be used as camera release button?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-25-2014 10:46 AM
    Or you can do what I do. A lot of my contacts have profile photos synced through social networks, but for those that don't have photos, I just find a celebrity that looks like them and place that as that persons profile picture until I get one.
    I think you must have better looking friends than I do.
    Kingb1186 likes this.
    09-25-2014 11:13 AM
    Didn't I read that the heart rate monitor on the back can be used as camera release button?

Yes it can

Great for selfies
    09-25-2014 11:17 AM
    One thing that I don't understand with the Note 4 and some of the newer Android devices that are being released is the QHD screen resolution and maybe someone can educate me on the benefits of this. But if there isn't any content that takes advantage of this resolution, then what is the benefit other than text looking sharper? I guess I would rather have a 1080p screen and reap the performance benefit of not having to push so many pixels.

10-07-2014 02:43 AM
    One thing that I don't understand with the Note 4 and some of the newer Android devices that are being released is the QHD screen resolution and maybe someone can educate me on the benefits of this. But if there isn't any content that takes advantage of this resolution, then what is the benefit other than text looking sharper? I guess I would rather have a 1080p screen and reap the performance benefit of not having to push so many pixels.

Videos quailty will be Alot better for one.
    10-07-2014 02:56 AM
    Videos quailty will be Alot better for one.
    What videos? I don't know of a service that streams in that resolution.

10-07-2014 02:57 AM
    What videos? I don't know of a service that streams in that resolution.

Youtube does
    10-07-2014 06:53 AM
    Really? I don't see that option on YouTube. The highest resolution I see is 1080p, but maybe that's because I'm on an iPad.

10-07-2014 06:58 AM
    Really? I don't see that option on YouTube. The highest resolution I see is 1080p, but maybe that's because I'm on an iPad.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/08...elated-tweaks/

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    10-07-2014 07:10 AM
    I am actually very impressed with the Note 4. It is the one device that may tempt me to defect from iOS. I really like what I'm seeing. The only reason I really have not to go to the Note 4 is that I like my iPad Air so much. I actually use it more than my iPhone. So I don't know if I would be willing to give up the extra screen space on my iPad for the Note 4. Because if I got the new Note it would be to have an all in one device. So no more iPad.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    I thought the same thing about my nexus 7. Then I bought the note and now I barely ever use my tablet. Just not necessary unless for movies or long videos. Its a great all in one IMO.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3
    10-07-2014 08:33 AM
    I finally got a chance to spend some time with the Note 4 yesterday. I wasn't disappointed but I guess I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, the look was great, it was super fast, screen/graphics looked impressive and the camera was awesome. But in comparison to my Note 3 I realized I could stick with the 3 and be totally happy. All that said, I'll still buy the Note 4, but the gap between the 3 and 4 wasn't as large as I thought it would be.

Katrina White1 likes this.
    10-07-2014 11:01 AM
    I think people are just expecting too much and expecting Samsung to reinvent the wheel. Every aspect of this phone seems to have been updated except maybe the speaker. That will be determined by the user and your preference.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-07-2014 11:57 AM
    There isn't any huge difference between note 3 n note 4, the few difference between them r the specs wise n some minor tweaks with the spen function. Design is obviously different, just a tiny bit disappointed with the USB 2 thou but it isn't a big disappointment for me. If anyone is using a note 3, note 4 would be a waste of money to get unless u got tonnes of spare cash to use...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-07-2014 02:38 PM
    I'm very impressed with the hardware of my white note 4 here in Seoul. I was disappointed on the OS. When I buy this big phone, I'm expecting to see more content at once. But I was wrong. I see BIG content! Every button and letters/characters are big! I never had any app which is optimized to this screen size. They are just the same app which you can see on smaller android devices. But still happy here since I bought this as a media consumption device. My primary phone is still a BlackBerry Q10. The Galaxy Note 4 has a really great screen. Very good for youtube and movies on the go. I hope that samsung/developers can modify the UI in the future to really use that screen just like what apple did to their 6+.
    10-07-2014 07:22 PM
    I'm very impressed with the hardware of my white note 4 here in Seoul. I was disappointed on the OS. When I buy this big phone, I'm expecting to see more content at once. But I was wrong. I see BIG content! Every button and letters/characters are big! I never had any app which is optimized to this screen size. They are just the same app which you can see on smaller android devices. But still happy here since I bought this as a media consumption device. My primary phone is still a BlackBerry Q10. The Galaxy Note 4 has a really great screen. Very good for youtube and movies on the go. I hope that samsung/developers can modify the UI in the future to really use that screen just like what apple did to their 6+.
    Actually, many 6 plus owners are complaining about the same thing, that Apple phone apps are being just upscaled for the bigger screen, rather than being rewritten to take advantage of the bigger screen. (This wasn't the case for Ipads that had their own app versions, different from the IPhone version, that do take advantage of the bigger screen.)

10-07-2014 09:39 PM
    Actually, many 6 plus owners are complaining about the same thing, that Apple phone apps are being just upscaled for the bigger screen, rather than being rewritten to take advantage of the bigger screen. (This wasn't the case for Ipads that had their own app versions, different from the IPhone version, that do take advantage of the bigger screen.)

How I wish I can just install apps written for 7" tablets on this phone. I think they look better on this screen size.
    10-07-2014 10:21 PM
    I think that I'm going with the Note 4. Started to feel silly waiting for the iPhone 6 Plus. Ordered on September 19th and was told that I may get it between November 9-27th. That's just unacceptable.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 03:00 AM
    I think that I'm going with the Note 4. Started to feel silly waiting for the iPhone 6 Plus. Ordered on September 19th and was told that I may get it between November 9-27th. That's just unacceptable.

November 9?

10-15-2014 03:34 AM
    November 9?

Yes.

10-15-2014 03:43 AM
52 123