Anyone disappointed with Note 4?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
@doctorwaynewilliams, I don't know how large the iPad Air is but I have a Note 2 and a Galaxy Tab S 10.5". I find that I'm happy using my Note 2 when the tablet is sitting right next to me. I go to the tablet when I want to watch a movie or play a game like Rote (love/hate that game). I can't express enough how much I have loved the large display and quality of my Note 2. I'm getting very excited for the Note 4!

That's understandable. But I only really engage in multimedia content when I'm at home or in my office at work. And if I had a choice between my iPad Air with a 9.7 inch screen and a smartphone with a 5.7 inch screen, I'm going with my Air every time.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
That's understandable. But I only really engage in multimedia content when I'm at home or in my office at work. And if I had a choice between my iPad Air with a 9.7 inch screen and a smartphone with a 5.7 inch screen, I'm going with my Air every time.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Well sometimes it's more convenient to use a phone, like if your lying in bed and are feeling to lazy to hold your tablet. I have different levels of laziness lol too lazy for a full sized tablet but a small one is OK. Too lazy for a small tablet but a phone is OK. Too lazy for a phone so an iPod touch is needed lol

posted from my galaxy tab pro 10.1

jayspadaro

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to a high up rep in person from Samsung mobile today and he said that the NOTE 4 IS WATER RESISTANT!!!! He said don't believe the blogs. He has seen it underwater himself and it had no problems working afterwards.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thing's I don't like -

- TouchWiz - big bloated and ugly
- physical home button
- speaker on back instead of bottom/front

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Thing's I don't like -

- TouchWiz - big bloated and ugly
- physical home button
- speaker on back instead of bottom/front

I don't have a problem with Touch Wiz or whatever they call the UI
now. I really like the home button. Switching back and forth from Android
and iOS, the home button just seems comfortable to me. The speakers
on the back doesn't really matter to me either. I usually have my headphones
plugged in anyway.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

LukeJM93

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 is damn near perfect. The only thing I could ask for is Samsung to remove that creepy face that's the default picture for missing contact photos.

Is there anyway to disable contact photos entirely?
Im coming from HTC One where it isn't possible.
I don't have photos for any of my contacts because I think it would be a bit weird asking someone if I can take a photo of them to use as a contact photo....and for me it's either have photos for all of them or none of them.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyway to disable contact photos entirely?
Im coming from HTC One where it isn't possible.
I don't have photos for any of my contacts because I think it would be a bit weird asking someone if I can take a photo of them to use as a contact photo....and for me it's either have photos for all of them or none of them.

Or you can do what I do. A lot of my contacts have profile photos synced through social networks, but for those that don't have photos, I just find a celebrity that looks like them and place that as that persons profile picture until I get one.

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Or you can do what I do. A lot of my contacts have profile photos synced through social networks, but for those that don't have photos, I just find a celebrity that looks like them and place that as that persons profile picture until I get one.

I think you must have better looking friends than I do. :)

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
One thing that I don't understand with the Note 4 and some of the newer Android devices that are being released is the QHD screen resolution and maybe someone can educate me on the benefits of this. But if there isn't any content that takes advantage of this resolution, then what is the benefit other than text looking sharper? I guess I would rather have a 1080p screen and reap the performance benefit of not having to push so many pixels.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
One thing that I don't understand with the Note 4 and some of the newer Android devices that are being released is the QHD screen resolution and maybe someone can educate me on the benefits of this. But if there isn't any content that takes advantage of this resolution, then what is the benefit other than text looking sharper? I guess I would rather have a 1080p screen and reap the performance benefit of not having to push so many pixels.

Videos quailty will be Alot better for one.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Really? I don't see that option on YouTube. The highest resolution I see is 1080p, but maybe that's because I'm on an iPad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis