Question for you that were/are on the Edge Plan with VZW

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I know this doesn't exactly apply to the Note 4, but since many of us will be using the Edge Program, this is an interesting point.

When I got on the Edge plan with my Note 3, I was coming from a Note 2, which I had bought outright off of Ebay. When I got on the program, I was told Id had to give then my phone! This was a phone that I didn't buy from them and I was no longer under contract. I did it, because I wanted the phone, but I can't say I've seen anyone else have to do this. I know if I was under an Edge plan, and I was upgrade "edge to edge", then yes...i'd have to turn it in. But this was MY phone.

Did I get screwed by an erroneous employee? Did anyone else have to do this? I was just talking with a friend and he was saying "no way would I do that." Made me think if I was told wrong and "done wrong."

Thanks!

Bruce

tahbasco

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
You were duped by an employee that was either a) shiesty or b) didn't know what they were talking about. I'm in the Edge program as well and I didn't give VZW anything when I signed up.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Its Part of the Verizon edge program. You have to give in your old phone I order for you to get your new phone. It's in the fine prints. I too had to turn in my old phone. You are better off in the long run. If you don't edge up in 6 months you get to keep the note 3. But as if right now you are leasing the phone so to speak

Posted via the Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Its Part of the Verizon edge program. You have to give in your old phone I order for you to get your new phone. It's in the fine prints. I too had to turn in my old phone. You are better off in the long run. If you don't edge up in 6 months you get to keep the note 3. But as if right now you are leasing the phone so to speak

Only after the Edge phone that you financed, you need to start turning them in, not to initially sign up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Only after the Edge phone that you financed, you need to start turning them in, not to initially sign up.

I would try to file some sort of complaint with verizon and get that employee fired. It sounds like he scammed you to get your old phone.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I would try to file some sort of complaint with verizon and get that employee fired. It sounds like he scammed you to get your old phone.

Hmm. I wonder if they would have me prove it somehow. It'd be worth a call, I guess.

Thanks for the input, y'all!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I wonder if they would have me prove it somehow. It'd be worth a call, I guess.

Thanks for the input, y'all!

I am assuming that you didn't get any value from your trade in like a gift card or credit on your account? It sounds like they made you, as in it was a requirement for your purchase. That's totally wrong on their part. When we did ours, my wife got a rebate card on her galaxy nexus and I hung onto mine in case of an emergency.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you're right. I didn't get any trade-in value for it. And it hacked me off because I know I could have sold that thing on eBay. The only thing they did was put me on a limited (aka - limited) data plan, but it was 6 GB/month for the same price as my unlimited was. That was plenty for me as I rarely went over 2-3 GB.

When I get home tonight, I'm going to call Verizon. I'm sure they'll think "and you're just now reporting this?" Can't say that I blame them. I should have done something about it, but honestly, I just didn't think about it until now that I'm looking at the Edge Plan again.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So you are saying that even if I pay the phone off, when I go to get a new one, they want me to give them the phone I paid for in full?

Or do you only have to turn it in if you haven't paid it off?

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

If the phone is paid off, why do you have to give big red your phone? Scam

Posted via Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
So you are saying that even if I pay the phone off, when I go to get a new one, they want me to give them the phone I paid for in full?

Or do you only have to turn it in if you haven't paid it off?

If the phone is paid off, why do you have to give big red your phone? Scam

Posted via Android Central App

No, you don't turn it in if it's paid off. Edge is month to month no contract. If you pay it off, it's yours. Think of it like lease to own. I would imagine you could sell your phone, save the money and sign up for another Edge agreement. To me, if you go the full term and not Edge up after 12 months, you are basically just using it as a free financing option. I would rather keep getting new phones every year.

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Never trust the employees at the stores, half the time they dont even understand the plans or phones they are selling people, you payed full price for your phone its yours. If you payoff 100% on a phone while on the edge program its yours. The only time you turn your old one in is if you havent payed all 20 payments required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii