Note 4 Samsung takes to long

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung takes to long

I checked just now for the 6+ that I want, it still isn't in stock at the closest 20 stores. To me, it doesn't matter much if Samsung announces a phone then waits a month and a half to sell it or apple releases a phone and it is out of stock in the variant I want both online and locally for a few weeks so far. In fact I ordered my 6+ before I ordered the n4,yet the 6+ is slated to ship after the n4. And this is even the Verizon variant which is delayed compared to the other carriers.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Yes but so what? You could get your iPhone 6 or 6 plus about a week after they announced it.... Samsung makes most of their components and could easily do the same

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Was it not mentioned anywhere in this thread that the iPhone 6 is out of stock with most carriers? Some waiting until Nov to be back in stock?
*I just double checked the verizon website to make sure I wasn't speeding incorrectly, and it says "will ship by 11/14/2014"

Just depends. My wife just ordered her iPhone 6 and I ordered my Note 4 from Verizon two days ago. They are both scheduled to ship on 10/23.

The Verizon store had a few iPhone 6 Plus in stock but no iPhone 6 in stock.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Yes but so what? You could get your iPhone 6 or 6 plus about a week after they announced it.... Samsung makes most of their components and could easily do the same

Guess I could have but not without extra effort. Similarly with extra effort, I could have had a note 4 in my hands now.

But it isn't worth it for me to exert the extra effort. I am fine waiting. Point being with ease of ordering, the time frame to get the 6+ is even longer than the note 4 for me. So it isn't readily available in all configurations.

However if someone is that anxious to get the n4,there are certainly ways... Depends on your priorities.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I've read somewhere that Apple ties up all shipping routes like planes etc for a while after the iPhone release. Don't know if it's true but it might not be Samsung's fault...

Posted via Android Central App

They may put extra work on the shipping carriers due to amount of demand but they aren't doing so much where they just mess with all the other shipments (as in stopping them).

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Because of the October release I considered buying an iPhone 6 plus but decided not to.

Apple will be announcing 3 new products before Samsung releases 1 of the 2 they announced back in Berlin and Apple will be releasing it a week or 2 later. If Samsung wants to copy apple it should be their release planning lol

Its frustrating with their long release times. Look at China for the Apple, they are not getting the device right away but for the Note 4, Korea has already gotten the Note 4.

In my eyes, its all about quality and not quantity. The Isheep device is nothing more than a larger IPhone 5. Their design has not really changed all that much from the IPhone 4.

The only part that annoys me is the inability to pay using my Google wallet. I hope that they fix that in the Note 4. I would hate to upgrade to the Note 4 only to find out that my Google wallet does not work.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Its frustrating with their long release times. Look at China for the Apple, they are not getting the device right away but for the Note 4, Korea has already gotten the Note 4.

In my eyes, its all about quality and not quantity. The Isheep device is nothing more than a larger IPhone 5. Their design has not really changed all that much from the IPhone 4.

The only part that annoys me is the inability to pay using my Google wallet. I hope that they fix that in the Note 4. I would hate to upgrade to the Note 4 only to find out that my Google wallet does not work.
I like ios as much as I like android and Windows though app selection has been why I shied away from Windows phone. I was considering the iPhone 6 plus since I generally liked the device but chose the note 4. I can say Samsung has lost sales because of this long wait who got the iPhone 6 plus already

mobilerules

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

Isn't the iphone 6+ on backorder till November? If so, this may help the Note 4 sales some. Especially for those who don't wanna wait & will get whichever one they can first.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Isn't the iphone 6+ on backorder till November? If so, this may help the Note 4 sales some. Especially for those who don't wanna wait & will get whichever one they can first.

A Co-worker got his iPhone 6 Plus just walking into a store about a day or 2 after release with Sprint.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Right, & release was 3 weeks ago. I thought I've seen reports of more recent orders being on backorder until November.
Want me to take pics? He walked into the apple store in soho and got a 64gb iPhone 6 plus in silver. He wanted gold

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Snapdragon 805 was the bottleneck in the production I heard.
They do it with every phone.... What's the excuse for the s5? HTC released the M8 when they announced it and was after Samsung announced the s5 with the same chip just clocked differently.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

Releasing this late was a bad move, especially when Apple finally released the iPhone 6+, a direct competitor, almost a month ago. With Samsung's profit coming in at 60% below last year, It really makes you wonder who is at the helm making these decisions?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fyi, the iPhone isn't even officially released in all parts of the world yet. Apple does stagger the release as well and starts with the home country, same as Samsung.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Fyi, the iPhone isn't even officially released in all parts of the world yet. Apple does stagger the release as well and starts with the home country, same as Samsung.

Yes but it is the US and 12 other countries that got the iPhone 6/Plus on the 19th was it? Samsung has sold it in 2 countries so far?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes but it is the US and 12 other countries that got the iPhone 6/Plus on the 19th was it? Samsung has sold it in 2 countries so far?

The ip was released in 10 Countries on the 19th with 738M population. Based on the latest that I could find, it is released in 32 countries based on what I could find today for a total population of 1220M. The Note 4 is released in 2 countries, for a total population of 1444M.

10 original countries for the ip
USA
Australia
Canada
France
Germany
HK
Japan
PR
Singapore
UK

Ip6/6+Population in Millions
USA323
Australia24
Canada36
France65
Germany83
HK7
Japan127
PR4
Singapore6
UK63
Austria9
Belgium11
Denmark6
Finland5
Ireland5
Isle of Man0
Italy61
Liechtenstein0
Luxemborg1
Netherlands17
New Zealand5
Norway5
Portugal11
Qatar2
Russia142
Saudi Arabia29
Spain47
Sweden10
Switzerland8
Taiwan23
Turkey76
UAE9
ip6/6+ Total 32 Countries1220
Note 4Population in Millions
SK50
China1394
Note 4 Total 2 Countries1444

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I rather wait for a premium device than give in to impatience for a ****ty device that releases earlier.

You people have no damned sense of patience. The old days were better. And I'm only 23.

Right on what's wrong with you folks you can't wait a little longer for the best thing coming well you can always get yourself a crappie iPhone 6

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty