Note 4 and your car, Compatible? Yes/No?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I saw a message yesterday that said, "USB device not supported". I'm thinking it's that intrusive Samsung installer that my car is trying to read from. I remember reading that you could disable it on the Note 2. I hope Samsung made it a feature on the Note 4.

GaryK2

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Works fine with my 2014 Acura MDX. I also tested the MAP protocol for reading text messages and that worked as well.

kebema

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I own A 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco. Bluetooth works just fine. The USB input, however, is not compatible. Have to use an auxiliary cable to get music to the stereo.

Posted via the Android Central App

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth phone and music works just fine on my 2014 Chevy Sonic, although I have to connect to Bluetooth manually in Chevy's MyLink. But it works every time. If there's a way to make the phone and car connected automatically or without touching the phone (besides turning Bluetooth on and off, obviously), I'd love to hear from fellow Chevy drivers!

I own A 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco. Bluetooth works just fine. The USB input, however, is not compatible. Have to use an auxiliary cable to get music to the stereo.

I haven't had a chance to test the USB function on my car, but based on what you said here, it may not end well if I do try it out. But I like Bluetooth over USB anyway.

SJAprilMay

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2002 Montero Sport but a new Kenwood system so no stock radio for me, but it works. However, occasionally will come up with "no BT device connected" and I have to reset the phone, which never happened with my S5. Small inconvenience for a phone I absolutely love.

flueki

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Works great in my 2014 Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8 Track. The touch navigation works great with it and I use Pandora all the time plus a lot of phone calls. I also use the steering wheel controls and they change the music in my apps including Pandora.

It auto connects when I turn on my car and it also sounds great. People told me I didn't sound good on my in-car bluetooth and Note 3 but they said with my Note 4 I sound like I'm talking on my phone and its really clear. That could be a software thing also.

The biggest problem I had with any Android based phones in the past was problems with connecting and even worst was auto connecting which are all good.

I'm happy overall

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 4

flueki

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my contacts are not syncing. Did yours auto sync or did you have to play with the settings somewhere. I also have a Note 4 and Genesis Coupe.

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine is connecting automatically with my 2014 Chevy Spark, I just turn on the bluetooth as I'm heading out the door. I haven't tried anything other than bringing up my contact list and that works fine, but I did have to tell My Link to load contacts every time. I think I had to unpair it and then pair it again to get the dialogue back to ask if I wanted it to load contacts automatically. I do notice that with my Note 2 the My Link display showed both bluetooth and the phone and it only shows bluetooth with the Note 4. I think this may be because of the new car mode which I haven't figured out yet so I'm not turning it on.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a 14 accord that specifically says IPOD on the imid interface, and it won't recognize my droid. My iphone akways worked..same on my 13 accord. (Same car). Bluetooth streaming works fine though.

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a 14 accord that specifically says IPOD on the imid interface, and it won't recognize my droid. My iphone akways worked..same on my 13 accord. (Same car). Bluetooth streaming works fine though.

Isn't it annoying when you see phone accessories only being made for iOS devices? I see that a lot. Why can't Androids get the same kind of treatment, I wonder a lot to myself.

Leary

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have Note 4. We both also have Nissans. For the last year she has been using an HTC Thunderbolt without issue in her 2013 Rouge. I have been using a BB 9930 with no issues in my 2014 Frontier.

Both of us are having an issue with our Note 4 and hands free, where the audio stops working through the vehicle system. Handsfree dialing and prompts are normal, but the call audio is only on the handset. The vehicle display reflects the call in process. I can un-pair the phone then re-pair and the hands free audio works again. When this happens the phone buttons on the vehicle steering wheel continue to perform the normal functions. The vehicle display shows the signal strength as normal.

Very annoying

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
2013 Subaru Impreza....works fine other than intermittent "skips" in the bluetooth music streaming. Same issue with my bluetooth headphones so I believe it to be an issue with the bluetooth on the phone.

emerrow

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
My 2013 toyota prius will connect with my phone. I can make and receive calls via toyota's Entune system. But I cannot play music via the Entune system. I have to control the music with my phone's screen.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE. Handsfree calls only, doesn't support Bluetooth streaming so I use the AUX input.

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
2013 ford focus ST texts no longer go thru with sync. I used to get pop up messages on sync with my note 3 but won't do it with the note 4. Very disappointed. Someone here said they have a 2010 stang and theyre getting the texts. Idk why my 2013 wont get them

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty