Galaxy Unpacked: Z Fold 4

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Did countries other than the US get a free year of Care+ last year with the ZF3? If not, then I guess it's plausible that it's the other way around this year. Still, a little misleading - but the Unpacked event is global. Also, Customer Service in the US should be more versed in this rather than not knowing about it at all. They're not legally bound to anything they say in the Unpacked event, and like others have pointed out - they have so many disclaimers anyway.

It was a big reason why I was comfortable enough about the durability of the ZF3. It would be nice to have it again with the ZF4 with all the reported bubbling issues that I've read a lot about.

I had to take my Fold3 to UBreakiFix at least twice because the built-in screen protector would start to be removed and bubble up. It's because of that issue I got rid of it and now have the S22U and will definitely be getting insurance for the Fold4.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I had to take my Fold3 to UBreakiFix at least twice because the built-in screen protector would start to be removed and bubble up. It's because of that issue I got rid of it and now have the S22U and will definitely be getting insurance for the Fold4.

Agreed. Can’t have a phone like this and not have sort of insurance.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Did yours bubble up at the crease? Literally my ZF3 just started to lift at the edges of the crease in the last week and honestly it bothers me because I didn't use my ZF3 that much with it being secondary. I really hope they improved the adhesive like I read they have. Even though the insurance isn't free, I'm definitely getting it with the ZF4.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Did yours bubble up at the crease? Literally my ZF3 just started to lift at the edges of the crease in the last week and honestly it bothers me because I didn't use my ZF3 that much with it being secondary. I really hope they improved the adhesive like I read they have. Even though the insurance isn't free, I'm definitely getting it with the ZF4.
I personally think this is going to be a weakness of the folds for now. They are coming apart at the bend, anything of this nature that bends is going to eventually separate. It's covered under the warranty, after that it will cost us. I would anticipate having to put one on per year. Think it's a around $30 to have it replaced.

I use mine a lot and had mine replaced around the 10 month mark. Some people take the protector off.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I personally think this is going to be a weakness of the folds for now. They are coming apart at the bend, anything of this nature that bends is going to eventually separate. It's covered under the warranty, after that it will cost us. I would anticipate having to put one on per year. Think it's a around $30 to have it replaced.

I use mine a lot and had mine replaced around the 10 month mark. Some people take the protector off.

Interesting, mine is still brand new and I use inner screen a lot through out the day. And have not experienced this problem with my F3 so far from peeling (lucky me). If it did peel, it's not hard to replace one with WSD.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, mine is still brand new and I use inner screen a lot through out the day. And have not experienced this problem with my F3 so far from peeling (lucky me). If it did peel, it's not hard to replace one with WSD.
I actually thought my screen was cracked, it looks like it was. It wasn't peeling, just a small hairline crack. It was the screen protector.

Everyone's mileage is different. My brothers is bubbling the whole length of the crease. He's getting his replaced Friday

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I replaced my zfold3 with a wsd inner screen protector and never looked back.

Tbh I will probably just take off the factory and do the same with this one as well. It performed better imo than the original stock one

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they sure did say that Samsung Care + would be free for the first year. It was also in the transcript (which included, word for word the entire Samsung unpacked). I actually screenshot the transcript because I plan to argue that they need to honor what they promised.View attachment 347619

Wow they removed it from their livestream!!
EDIT: Never mind its still there.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I can deal with that. It helps to have a Samsung Customer Service facility nearby, but also ubreakifix places are everywhere too. Since I'm not buying any screen protector for the inside, the cost is minimal. However, does Care+ cover this? I don't think I'll ever have a folding phone w/o Care+. lol

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site

Yes exactly, it started at the top of the crease and over a week or so it split all the way down the middle from opening and closing the phone in assuming. The worst part is sometimes I'd have to leave my phone overnight while they fix it. If it happened again I would probably just peel the screen protector off and if the screen gets damaged without it I'll file a insurance claim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma