Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

My experience went really smooth, but I must have missed the extra $50.00, they didn't offer it for me, but they did give me $225.00 for my phone....

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

What if you just get BB to give you actual trade-in value, then go through Samsung for the $200 Galaxypromotion. I'd assume you can still get the $50 from Best Buy because you're not combining their trade-in offers.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

So at BB. One person in front of me.

They sold out of the tempered glass screen protector but does have the zag mirror glass screen protector. Guess I'll try it out. . Waiting Sucks!!

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

If you don't mind, can you answer some questions for me? What was the purchase price before the $200 off? What was the price out the door? And do you know if can make a purchase in-store using PayPal (I know you can for online purchases)? Thanks.

Purchase price was 825.99. Adjusted price was 625.99 before tax. PA has 6 percent sales tax, so it came up to 663 and change. I have no idea about PayPal. I've never tried to use PayPal to pay for anything.

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

My purchase went smooth this morning. Got to best buy at 9:30 and was the second in line. They came out before the doors opened and announced that no devices other that pre orders were available. They then cross referenced names with pre orders that arrived. I bought the device outright. I don't think I was supposed to get the 200 credit for the device because I wasn't doing a contract. They tried to process and it wouldn't go through without activation. However they decided to do it anyway. They gave me a 200 dollar gift card for an iPhone 3gs. I added this to the previous 50 plus gave 200 cash which left 420 on my best buy card to pay as I choose. Extremely happy.

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Purchase price was 825.99. Adjusted price was 625.99 before tax. PA has 6 percent sales tax, so it came up to 663 and change. I have no idea about PayPal. I've never tried to use PayPal to pay for anything.

Thank you.

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

So, since some people are paying full retail and receiving the $200 credit, does that mean I can go to Best Buy and pre-order the Verizon Note 4 and get the $200 instant rebate upon pickup? I am not upgrading or adding a line. I'm on the granfathered unlimited data plan and want to keep my plan so buying off contract. I currently have the phone pre-ordered at Verizon but will cancel if I can get the instant rebate from Best Buy.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I don't see anywhere in the terms where the additional $50 card cannot be combined with another offer.

Attachments

• 1413581764178.jpg
    1413581764178.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 79

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

So I called all the bb in half the state of ct, the half where most people live, and I only found one bb that has the note 4. And those are reserved already. Some launch day huh? I also asked when bb normally gets their shipments so I can plan when I might be able to pick mine up, and they said usually Fridays. So that sucks, wait another week now!

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I don't see anywhere in the terms where the additional $50 card cannot be combined with another offer.
The $50 one can be combined, but the $200 can not. Therefore you can't get both. You did, but you got lucky. I won't be able to even try since I'm on Verizon and the $50 ends before 10/23 :(

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

The $50 one can be combined, but the $200 can not. Therefore you can't get both. You did, but you got lucky. I won't be able to even try since I'm on Verizon and the $50 ends before 10/23 :(

Ditto that

Edit: Here is to hoping they continue that in next weeks ad, and I will take the receipt post (*thank you to whoever did that) and politely review with the manager that it is possible.
Combine that w/ the $50 gift card for registering back in Feb, and that will be a cool $300. After I spend $100 on Edge, they are paying me to get this phone.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

$50 TRADE-IN BONUS OFFER:
*Valid 10/8/14-10/18/14. My Best Buy™ member must be eligible for new or upgrade activation to receive gift card for this promotion. Taxes/surcharges due at time of purchase. Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit. Not all phones are eligible for trade-in and trade-in value may vary. Condition, documentation and accessories may affect value. Payment is by Best Buy gift card. You are responsible for removing any data from your product before providing the product for evaluation. You will be required to agree to the terms & conditions. Best Buy reserves the right to refuse any trade-in or to limit quantities for any reason. Phone must have value in order to get the $50 bonus. Excludes phones that are cracked or that lack power. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Not compatible with other trade-in offers. See BestBuy.com/TradeIn for full details.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

Just left BB in Pleasanton,CA, total time 24 minutes. Smooth as silk, handed over my HTC EVO 4G and he said they are giving me $250 for it, I didn't ask, got the extra $50 for being a rewards member, plus my $50 gift card for the deposit total for today was $24.33. Total for the phone was 74.33, not to bad. Got it updating all my apps and charging, so far so good.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

So I called all the bb in half the state of ct, the half where most people live, and I only found one bb that has the note 4. And those are reserved already. Some launch day huh? I also asked when bb normally gets their shipments so I can plan when I might be able to pick mine up, and they said usually Fridays. So that sucks, wait another week now!

That's not true Samsung drop ships them, so they don't know when but usually a chance everyday. This shipment comes on top of the Thursday night truck they get

Posted via the Android Central App

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

While on the $200 offer it does state 'Not compatible with other trade-in offers' it also states "Device must have a value to qualify for the extra $50 in trade in value".... contradicting yes but it clearly does reference the extra $50 trade in value...

Unfortunately I'm on Verizon too so the extra $50 deal will end before 10/23.. hopefully they'll extend the offer, doubtful

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

That's not true Samsung drop ships them, so they don't know when but usually a chance everyday. This shipment comes on top of the Thursday night truck they get

Posted via the Android Central App
I hope you're right. I was pretty disappointed when I heard that. Does anyone know what the expected turn around time for pre-orders are? Like if I go on the website for bb, and I look at turn around times for if I ordered now, it looks like 11 business days for standard orders, 8 for expedited, and 7 for express. Would a pre-order be expedited, express or standard?

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

The BB I pre ordered at received a total of 4 phones on three shipments today. They are not sure when they will get more in. My job is sending my team offshore to work on a project Tuesday. For some reason I have a feeling that I will get the email when I'm gone. Probably will miss out on the $200 trade in offer now. I'm pissed.

Posted via Android Central App

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Really bummed right now. Couldn't pick up my BB preorder since they didn't get enough in to cover the orders they already had...and I wasn't high enough up the list to get one of the few they got in. They said they hope to have them in "within the next couple weeks". Not a happy camper.... :(