It's there an aftermarket charger that supports fast charging of the Note 4?

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
From the Engadget review, "I clarified with Samsung that it chose a proprietary solution instead of licensing Qualcomm's QuickCharge tech, but it insisted that you could still use QuickCharge 2.0-compatible chargers to achieve the same results."

I am ordering now too. Thabks

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
From the Engadget review, "I clarified with Samsung that it chose a proprietary solution instead of licensing Qualcomm's QuickCharge tech, but it insisted that you could still use QuickCharge 2.0-compatible chargers to achieve the same results."

I am ordering now too. Thabks

That's good to know that even though the N4 isn't using Qi 2.0 the Qi 2.0 chargers do work.

anon(363857)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
More confirmation that the Note supports both fast charge options:

Galaxy Note 4- To use fast charging, what kind of charger should be used? | Support | SAMSUNG Saudi Arabia

[FAQs] Smart Phone : Galaxy Note 4- To use fast charging, what kind of charger should be used?

Fast charging uses battery charging technology that charges the
battery faster by increasing the charging power. The Galaxy Note 4
device supports Samsung’s Adaptive Fast Charging feature and
Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0.

To use Fast charging on your device, connect it to a battery charger
that supports Adaptive Fast Charging or Quick Charge 2.0.

EDIT: Where is the 15% off discount? I don't see it on incip's website...

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Incipio 15% discount code is INC15NOW
Thanks - worked perfectly. Effectively bumping this thread up so others can see as well.

This is a great feature to have fast charging in the car as well. Frankly I think more people have a need for quick charging in the car vs home.

donrull

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to report that my family has 2 Note 4 from Sprint and none of our car chargers that worked with our Note 2s will even charge the Note 4 at all...even the 2.4amp ones. Is this normal?

anon(363857)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had the incipio charger in my car for the last 2-3 days, it works great. My commute is about 40-55 minutes and I can easily recharge a good 20%+ in that time....

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What about the USB cable, will any generic cable support the quick charge feature?

That's why I'm hesitant about this -- you'd think for $35, they'd attach or at least throw in a (coiled) micro USB cable. Experience has taught me to be careful ordering/buying micro USB cables. Too many of them won't deliver the amperage that the charger is putting out due to lack of shielding or other problems that you simply don't know about until you try the cable. Coiled cables (which I prefer to use in the car) are doubly problematic because they're not as readily available. Mediabridge makes one that works well enough, but it's of such stiff industrial thickness that it defeats most of the purpose of having a coiled cable.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My car has a power outlet 2014 lacrosse so what Imma do is buy or find the same charger that comes with the phone and just use that one in my car

Posted via Android Central App

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That's why I'm hesitant about this -- you'd think for $35, they'd attach or at least throw in a (coiled) micro USB cable. Experience has taught me to be careful ordering/buying micro USB cables. Too many of them won't deliver the amperage that the charger is putting out due to lack of shielding or other problems that you simply don't know about until you try the cable. Coiled cables (which I prefer to use in the car) are doubly problematic because they're not as readily available. Mediabridge makes one that works well enough, but it's of such stiff industrial thickness that it defeats most of the purpose of having a coiled cable.

I got a Mediabridge coiled USB>mini USB cable to use in my car w/ my Incipio Quick Charge 2.0 12v adapter and it works fine. I don't find it too thick or cumbersome to use. I think the way you can tell the phone is quick charging is the message in the taskbar. I don't remember if it's the same message you get when you charge it from a wall socket which is "adaptive fast charging connected" but it does say "fast charging" and my phone does charge quickly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4006151

According to Amazon reviews the cords that retract are not reliable, the retracting mechanism doesn't last. That's what I was going to order until I read some of the reviews.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I got a Mediabridge coiled USB>mini USB cable to use in my car w/ my Incipio Quick Charge 2.0 12v adapter and it works fine. I don't find it too thick or cumbersome to use. I think the way you can tell the phone is quick charging is the message in the taskbar. I don't remember if it's the same message you get when you charge it from a wall socket which is "adaptive fast charging connected" but it does say "fast charging".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4006180
That's the one I have, but I gave it to my wife to use in her car. I just prefer the more traditional thinner and more supple coiled cables. It works well enough, though. Oddly enough, before I realized I should really get a fast charger for the car, I'd bought a BlackBerry -- yes, BlackBerry -- charger for the car. They were designed for the newer BB devices (so they deliver the right amperage) and Amazon is blowing them out for $13.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had the incipio charger in my car for the last 2-3 days, it works great. My commute is about 40-55 minutes and I can easily recharge a good 20%+ in that time....

That's doesn't seem like an impressive number.. With fast charging enabled with the Incipio car fast charger, it's much much faster than that for me. 40-55 min would net me like 60%.

For the rest of this thread and people asking about cables - these are treating me very well. Just pick up one of the **28/24** gauge wires. The heavier gauge makes the difference.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...1030307&searchType=SubCategory&token=urmrDfWX

I think these are available from Amazon as well.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
It's my understanding that the fast charging only works to 50% battery level however even from 80%+ my N4 charges a lot faster than my S3 did. I am thrilled with both the battery life and fast charging.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's my understanding that the fast charging only works to 50% battery level however even from 80%+ my N4 charges a lot faster than my S3 did. I am thrilled with both the battery life and fast charging.
It should work to about 75%

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

anon(363857)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
That's doesn't seem like an impressive number.. With fast charging enabled with the Incipio car fast charger, it's much much faster than that for me. 40-55 min would net me like 60%.

For the rest of this thread and people asking about cables - these are treating me very well. Just pick up one of the **28/24** gauge wires. The heavier gauge makes the difference.

USB 2.0 Cables - Micro-B Type

I think these are available from Amazon as well.

Well I'm usually running Waze the entire time so....

adam j adams

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I spoke with Samsung this morning as they do not even have adaptive chargers on their site. I was transferred to accessories where they informed me they are still waiting delivery of the chargers and they do not have an ETA- sort of ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38