Galaxy Note 4: I Got Mine !!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Seems like a very good phone and I think this is gonna be my next one:) How about the recent app button, is there a lag when pressing it before the menu appears? Is it bothering?

There is lag there. If it is bothersome or not is up to you.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
There is lag there. If it is bothersome or not is up to you.

Have you made your decision on the Note 4 or 6 Plus? Anymore camera thoughts on both cameras? Your feedback on the 2 phones has been refreshingly unbiased and really informative. Thanks!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Have you made your decision on the Note 4 or 6 Plus? Anymore camera thoughts on both cameras? Your feedback on the 2 phones has been refreshingly unbiased and really informative. Thanks!

I still think that the camera on the Note 4 is better. The pictures look sharper. The iPhone takes faster photos though. Funny thing is, it focuses instantly. I have never had a smartphone do that. Battery life continues to be a strength of the iPhone 6 plus. I took my phone off the charger at 9am and it is now 4pm and I have 72 percent left and I have been using it non stop today. Mobile payment is something that has been great to experiment with. Apple Pay is instant. Just hold the phone up to the tap and pay scanner and hold the home button. Two seconds the item is paid for. No passcode. No unlocking the phone. I found a case for the iPhone that is just awesome too. Here's my dilemma. I have been using the iPhone 6 plus for about two/three days. I miss the s-pen on my Note. Just writing with it was awesome. And I miss multi-window. And I miss that my photos automatically uploaded to Flickr in the background. Safari is better than Chrome though. And with the new feature of Siri always on when your device is plugged in makes driving and texting a breeze. The keyboard in iOS is leaps and bounds better than the Samsung keyboard, however I rarely used the Samsung keyboard because I used the pen for input. Like I had said before, overall the experience on the iPhone is seamless and smoother and faster. But there are a lot of features left in the table when you switch from Android to iOS. Not having that one and those features associated with it will haunt me. I know it. But in the end, the iPhone 6 plus looks and feels better. It's performance is better. Little things like having the Lightning port that is reversible and the ability to be able to handoff apps between it and my iPad (sending regular SMS through my iPad) seem to add up to a better experience for me. And Apple pay being so intuitive and simple and the fact that all of the Google services I would use I can get in iOS seals the deal. I'm keeping the iPhone 6 Plus. But I will say this in closing, the Note 4 is killer and I'm not 100 percent sure about my decision to return it. It is hands down the most innovative and powerful device I have ever used. And I have to give Samsung kudos on the design. The phone feels great and premium in every way. As far as looks, it is on par with anything I have used. When I first received it I stared at it all the time. I think it's beautiful. And with the S-view flip cover, it's even that much more impressive. Hope this helps.

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I Jumped to the Note 4 on Thursday from the One M8. Much better screen, battery and camera - IMO. Much worse UI, Touchwiz is every bit as crappy as my old G2. Looking forward to a custom ROM.

Posted via the Android Central App

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I got mine thursday afternoon, still have not had time to try all the features. I have to say the only real disappointment is the speaker placement. The speaker sounds great when I play music, but I have to turn the phone face down or it gets muted. I had to do this with my Note 2 also. I was able to put my Note 3 face up and it's sound wasn't muted, but I can't remember if the speaker was on the bottom by the charging port or on the back like N2 and N4. It could be the case, but I have the Supcase Unicorn Beetle, which I'm really happy with and not spending the extra cash for the Otterbox defender like I did on the N3 I had. Anyone else having this problem with the sound or is it just the placement of the speaker or case?
Otherwise the phone is great, Battery has lasted me all day with setting it up and downloading apps yesterday, was at 32% after it being on from 9am until 2am. A little more battery used than my Note 3, but not bad. Always use more when I first get a new phone.

Taking me awhile to get use to some of the Camera Settings, but the few I took were good. Downloading some of the Modes is new, when they came on the settings before.

I couldn't get the fingertip scanner to work, using a Supcase Unicorn Beetle with that Screen protector, Plus a Verizon Tempered Glass screen protector on it also. Not sure if it's the case or the double protectors I'm using. Doesn't interfere with the phone use, but I'll probably pop out the Supcase Screen protector and use just the glass Verizon Protector, like I did with the Otterbox Defender on my Note 3.

Phone is a great phone, I'm glad I got it.

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I am also really enjoying the capacitive buttons. I fail to understand why most pundits tout on screen buttons, all they did on my G2 and One M8 is eat up valuable screen real estate.

Last edited:

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm in New Jersey/ Metro NY area. Which carrier have you found to be the best with the Note 4. I'm curious about 4G and LTE quality and consistency. Thanks!

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
In nearly all metro areas Verizon has the most robust LTE/4G coverage. Though choosing them or AT&T, presents a whole slew of issues. Look into what T Mobile has to offer you, they are extremely aggressive in their LTE rollout, couple that with less folks bogging down the network and you could be very happy.

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
In nearly all metro areas Verizon has the most robust LTE/4G coverage. Though choosing them or AT&T, presents a whole slew of issues. Look into what T Mobile has to offer you, they are extremely aggressive in their LTE rollout, couple that with less folks bogging down the network and you could be very happy.

I already have T-Mobile on my Nexus 4. But using 3G HSPA+ some areas of Brooklyn, NY are very poor I'm hoping 4G LTE is better. The big issue for me with T-Mobile is the way they sell their phones. Very pricey!

haider iqbal

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I need to confirm something that I got a new galaxy note 4 sm-n910c variant but it doesn't show lte or 4g options in network mode. Is this a problem with all the sets for is it only with my set. Regards

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I still think that the camera on the Note 4 is better. The pictures look sharper. The iPhone takes faster photos though. Funny thing is, it focuses instantly. I have never had a smartphone do that. Battery life continues to be a strength of the iPhone 6 plus. I took my phone off the charger at 9am and it is now 4pm and I have 72 percent left and I have been using it non stop today. Mobile payment is something that has been great to experiment with. Apple Pay is instant. Just hold the phone up to the tap and pay scanner and hold the home button. Two seconds the item is paid for. No passcode. No unlocking the phone. I found a case for the iPhone that is just awesome too. Here's my dilemma. I have been using the iPhone 6 plus for about two/three days. I miss the s-pen on my Note. Just writing with it was awesome. And I miss multi-window. And I miss that my photos automatically uploaded to Flickr in the background. Safari is better than Chrome though. And with the new feature of Siri always on when your device is plugged in makes driving and texting a breeze. The keyboard in iOS is leaps and bounds better than the Samsung keyboard, however I rarely used the Samsung keyboard because I used the pen for input. Like I had said before, overall the experience on the iPhone is seamless and smoother and faster. But there are a lot of features left in the table when you switch from Android to iOS. Not having that one and those features associated with it will haunt me. I know it. But in the end, the iPhone 6 plus looks and feels better. It's performance is better. Little things like having the Lightning port that is reversible and the ability to be able to handoff apps between it and my iPad (sending regular SMS through my iPad) seem to add up to a better experience for me. And Apple pay being so intuitive and simple and the fact that all of the Google services I would use I can get in iOS seals the deal. I'm keeping the iPhone 6 Plus. But I will say this in closing, the Note 4 is killer and I'm not 100 percent sure about my decision to return it. It is hands down the most innovative and powerful device I have ever used. And I have to give Samsung kudos on the design. The phone feels great and premium in every way. As far as looks, it is on par with anything I have used. When I first received it I stared at it all the time. I think it's beautiful. And with the S-view flip cover, it's even that much more impressive. Hope this helps.

Your post is the reason I can't choose between the two and carry both.

Must say I'm speaking of an iPhone not an iPhone Plus, but my experience is fairly close to yours.

These are two beast devices, each in their own right.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I got mine thursday afternoon, still have not had time to try all the features. I have to say the only real disappointment is the speaker placement. The speaker sounds great when I play music, but I have to turn the phone face down or it gets muted. I had to do this with my Note 2 also. I was able to put my Note 3 face up and it's sound wasn't muted, but I can't remember if the speaker was on the bottom by the charging port or on the back like N2 and N4. It could be the case, but I have the Supcase Unicorn Beetle, which I'm really happy with and not spending the extra cash for the Otterbox defender like I did on the N3 I had. Anyone else having this problem with the sound or is it just the placement of the speaker or case?
Otherwise the phone is great, Battery has lasted me all day with setting it up and downloading apps yesterday, was at 32% after it being on from 9am until 2am. A little more battery used than my Note 3, but not bad. Always use more when I first get a new phone.

Taking me awhile to get use to some of the Camera Settings, but the few I took were good. Downloading some of the Modes is new, when they came on the settings before.

I couldn't get the fingertip scanner to work, using a Supcase Unicorn Beetle with that Screen protector, Plus a Verizon Tempered Glass screen protector on it also. Not sure if it's the case or the double protectors I'm using. Doesn't interfere with the phone use, but I'll probably pop out the Supcase Screen protector and use just the glass Verizon Protector, like I did with the Otterbox Defender on my Note 3.

Phone is a great phone, I'm glad I got it.

Thanks for the great honest details. I thought all this info would help me...but now I am more torn! If you were on a vacation or day trip which phone if you could only use one...would you take based on the camera?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I Jumped to the Note 4 on Thursday from the One M8. Much better screen, battery and camera - IMO. Much worse UI, Touchwiz is every bit as crappy as my old G2. Looking forward to a custom ROM.

Huh touchwiz is amazing ....I prefer Google now launcher instead of it but I like it ....way better then years past

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Who actually uses the Samsung keyboard ? Swift key is the best

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of returning mine and getting a iPhone but idk ....have the phone I got 2 weeks ago that's going to be sent back , my new one and my note 3 that needs to be sent for trade. If I want to return the note 4 can I with t-mobile lol ?

I am on day 13 so far