Note 4 Fingerprint scanner or not?

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't simply due to annoyance... For you it works but I use my phone a ton during the day. Times it's on the desk and I just swype and unlock it and do whatever.. No worry about doing it properly on the button. One fail is enough to annoy me.. Especially since my phone is always on me so the security is a moot point.

As I said.. That's for me. It's cool if you feel different or have different needs :). Just isn't my cup of tea.. Locks for my phone never have been.

Well, as long as you don't have any personal information on it, then it's no worries. The finger print scanner works very well on the N4. I like to lock my phone since I use it to pay bills. It seems that they improved it from the S5 which received a ton of complaints.

Posted via the Android Central App

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Fingerprint scanner or not?

I have tons of secret stuff on my Note 4 already. I will always use the fingerprint scanner it is the bomb!

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Perhaps those not planning on using the fingerprint scanner are planing on simply using a password. If my options are a fingerprint scanner that only works if I set up the phone so that it locks immediately vs using a password and setting up the phone to lock after 5 min. dormant or 10 min dormant that is a tough choice. If the fingerprint scanner worked with a set delay then I would opt for the fingerprint scanner for sure. But that does not appear to be the case with this fingerprint scanner. I am just going to have to get the phablet in hand and decide once I can actually see what is what. Without the phablet in hand I am simply not able to decide. I am not particularly thrilled with the idea of the phone having to lock immediately in order to use the fingerprint scanner, not at first blush anyway.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Maybe big fingers are best..works flawlessly for me...also use your index finger for best response....the thumb is the worst response

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well, as long as you don't have any personal information on it, then it's no worries. The finger print scanner works very well on the N4. I like to lock my phone since I use it to pay bills. It seems that they improved it from the S5 which received a ton of complaints.

I use it for that as well. My phone is used for everything.. I just have no passwords saved and also have my bank account not remember the phone as an authorized computer. If my phone was to get taken I'd lock it up real fast with Android device manager.. Either way though.. They wouldn't be able to find anything.

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I think where most go wrong is they're not swiping their entire finger over the home button. You actually have to start about a thumbs width above the home button and swipe the finger all the way across it and off the bottom. It's not as intuitive as Apple's, but does work once you figure it out.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Tried it just for fun but I don't use any lock screen, have no need. Not a pray in the world that I would ever lose my phone or let it out of my possession. It's gets treated like a baby and I would never lose one of them lol

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I think where most go wrong is they're not swiping their entire finger over the home button. You actually have to start about a thumbs width above the home button and swipe the finger all the way across it and off the bottom. It's not as intuitive as Apple's, but does work once you figure it out.

By whole finger do you mean you have to swipe more than your fingertip down to the first knuckle? I wouldn't think it would need more than that much of your finger.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Just follow the directions...start about one inch above home button and swiping down over the home button...voila

Shamrock_627

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

I just use 1 digit of my thumb. I love it, no passwords to remember.

Only downside is, if you get your finger/hand cut off, then oops!

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

I just use 1 digit of my thumb. I love it, no passwords to remember.

Only downside is, if you get your finger/hand cut off, then oops!

If that happened not being able to access my phone would be my last thought.

amzi160586

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I've kept it on but in all honesty is not as good as the touch ID on the iPhone's which may be a deal breaker for me. I'm actually contemplating returning and cancelling my contact

Vinceaid1

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

Coming from the s4, the finger print sensor is new to me and i quite like it so far.