Why is the wifi turning off then on, on Galaxy Note 4 (AT&T)?

toddg76

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Wifi turns off then on then off then on... Galaxy Note 4 (AT&T)

Just got my new Galaxy Note 4 for AT&T and so far I cannot use it online at home because the Wifi literally turns off then on every 5 seconds over and over and over and over.... I do not have Smart Network Switch checked. I have restarted both phone and modem/router. I have removed battery from phone. Sometimes it won't even stay on long enough to type in my network password. Why is this happening???

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Wifi turns off then on then off then on... Galaxy Note 4 (AT&T)

Well I am guessing that your wi-fi is wired to your home from some carrier or another and am also going to guess that you have had other wireless devices working off that same router without exhibiting this behavior. So this is not more than a wild a**ed guess. But I am going to guess there is something wrong with the radio package in that phone.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi turns off then on then off then on... Galaxy Note 4 (AT&T)

If you still have issue, try changing channel, 1,6 11 usually good.

EJSTX87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why is the wifi turning off then on, on Galaxy Note 4 (AT&T)?

I had the same problem...so I chatted with a samsung support. They had me turn the phone on in SAFE MODE. When I connected to the wifi...it stayed connected. Then I turned off safe mode. After the phone restarted, it stayed connect. So it "appears" that the problem has been fixed. I dont know if it matters but my wireless provider is Verizon. I hope this helps

Here are the steps to starting the phone in safe mode...

1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
2. Press and hold the Power key.
3. When the device vibrates; release the Power key and immediately hold down the Volume Down key.
4. Keep pressing the Volume down key until the device boots up completely.
5. If successful, Safe Mode will appear on the device screen in the bottom left corner.

therealzeus

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Is there a fix for this problem. I got my phone today and have this problem. I am tempted to switch over to a different phone.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Does it do this on all wifi connections or just the one at your home?

Evlas1013

May 13, 2015
Visit site

I had been having this issue for a while as well. Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A running 5.0.1 on AT&T.

None of the solutions above helped me. I uninstalled the update for "AT&T Smart WiFi" about an hour ago and it *SEEMS* to have stopped the issue. Only time will tell.

I don't know if the Verizon users have a similar, carrier-based WiFi control that may be causing the issue. It's a start.

Nick

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I had been having this issue for a while as well. Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A running 5.0.1 on AT&T.

None of the solutions above helped me. I uninstalled the update for "AT&T Smart WiFi" about an hour ago and it *SEEMS* to have stopped the issue. Only time will tell.

I don't know if the Verizon users have a similar, carrier-based WiFi control that may be causing the issue. It's a start.

Nick

Also disable that smart WiFi.

AT&T Smart WiFi has caused this issue for years.

Rodney Haas

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

I was beginning to wonder if it was deliberate on ATT's part to make you use more air time. I have done all of the above now disabled the ATT app. All other devices connect and stay connected. The Note does not.

Delphinus

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem...so I chatted with a samsung support. They had me turn the phone on in SAFE MODE. When I connected to the wifi...it stayed connected. Then I turned off safe mode. After the phone restarted, it stayed connect. So it "appears" that the problem has been fixed. I dont know if it matters but my wireless provider is Verizon. I hope this helps

Here are the steps to starting the phone in safe mode...

1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
2. Press and hold the Power key.
3. When the device vibrates; release the Power key and immediately hold down the Volume Down key.
4. Keep pressing the Volume down key until the device boots up completely.
5. If successful, Safe Mode will appear on the device screen in the bottom left corner.

I think this may have worked. Very odd issue. If so, thank you so much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall