How to keepy my Note 4 secure?

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello -

I'm switching over from Apple (had 4 iphones) and I was wondering about how secure Android phones are compared to Apple iPhones. Just wondering if there are any apps or anything that I would need to keep my Note 4 secure......

Any suggestions would be helpful

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Lookout for anti virus & malware (free). It's the first app I install on a new phone and I do it before I do anything else to set it up.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Lookout, install and set it up

Device manager, set that up

Lock your home screen, either fingerprint scanner or use a numeric or other lock. That keeps your stuff secure if you lose the phone.

Google play, require a password for purchases.

Rocking the Note 4

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I read something about Android phones getting those Trojan horse viruses, is that true? Also, I read that one should download Nieton Security. I'm inquiring about my purchases, banking and inputting credit card information on it. Should I be?

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I read something about Android phones getting those Trojan horse viruses, is that true? Also, I read that one should download Nieton Security. I'm inquiring about my purchases, banking and inputting credit card information on it. Should I be?
Don't download random apps/files from unknown sources. Don't visit shady websites. Same stuff as computer usage. Your phone is not going to magically get a virus.

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I read that Androids can get those Trojan Horse viruses, is that true? It was recommended that Android users should download Norton Security to the phone. I'm just concerned about using credit card info, banking and making purchases through my Note 4 (that's if I ever get it, LOL)

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Never had a virus. Don't install apps from shady sites. Stay with the Google Play Store for apps and you'll be fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello -

I'm switching over from Apple (had 4 iphones) and I was wondering about how secure Android phones are compared to Apple iPhones. Just wondering if there are any apps or anything that I would need to keep my Note 4 secure......

Any suggestions would be helpful

There is an app called Finger Security; it is pretty damn tight. It secures individual app from nosy friends.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Android for 6 years. Never had a virus. Download lookout if you are worried and stay away from apps that you don't dload directly from Google play.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
If you happen to be on T-Mobile and are on a JUMP plan you get a free subscription to Lookout Premium which is awesome.

Like others have said, don't install shady apps. I typically only download ones that either have the Editor's Choice or Top Developer distinctions. Also, study app permissions carefully.