05-03-2015 03:51 PM
62 123
tools
    I have download booster on mine and I am Verizon
    11-02-2014 02:05 PM
    Getting 36mb down 25 up on LTE AT&T where I live on average, no need to turn on both to download stuff. But interesting that T Mobile would do this and others not.
    11-02-2014 03:13 PM
    I have download booster on mine and I am Verizon
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...9ec577ddc6.jpg
    Heard it works on Verizon but sprint must of did something that's it only works thru root

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2014 03:29 PM
    Just to reiterate for everyone. Download booster will not work on ATT or Sprint. So no reason to go through the steps of using a different launcher to find a way to turn it on. It won't function anyway. It has been disabled by ATT and Sprint and turning that switch on won't do anything. They didn't just hide the setting - it is disabled and cannot function on your phone.
    11-02-2014 03:41 PM
    Just to reiterate for everyone. Download booster will not work on ATT or Sprint. So no reason to go through the steps of using a different launcher to find a way to turn it on. It won't function anyway. It has been disabled by ATT and Sprint and turning that switch on won't do anything. They didn't just hide the setting - it is disabled and cannot function on your phone.
    Very interesting.. Didn't know they did that.

Glad I am on T-Mobile and it works. I don't use it but I like the fact they didn't strip a function from my phone.
    11-02-2014 03:49 PM
    Very interesting.. Didn't know they did that.

Glad I am on T-Mobile and it works. I don't use it but I like the fact they didn't strip a function from my phone.
    I use it at home because I can only get 6mb max wifi speeds there (and that was after the "big upgrade" they did last year - before it was only 3) and that's spread over multiple devices. So it comes in handy at home for large downloads. Although I have unlimited data - I only have 5GB LTE - so that's why I still use wifi at home.

I'm just surprised Verizon allowed it. This is the first device they did that. I almost feel like they made a mistake and someone forgot to take it out. Ha!
    11-02-2014 04:00 PM
    I downloaded movies alot so it would of helped me alot on sprint

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2014 04:05 PM
    I use it at home because I can only get 6mb max wifi speeds there (and that was after the "big upgrade" they did last year - before it was only 3) and that's spread over multiple devices. So it comes in handy at home for large downloads. Although I have unlimited data - I only have 5GB LTE - so that's why I still use wifi at home.

I'm just surprised Verizon allowed it. This is the first device they did that. I almost feel like they made a mistake and someone forgot to take it out. Ha!
    Ah understandable. I have unlimited LTE but I don't use it at home since I have 60 Mbps wifi at home. Don't see a reason to dual it ... But in your case it makes sense. 6 Mbps wifi.. Ouch :P.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 download booster-1414968030444.jpg  
    11-02-2014 04:40 PM
    Im coming from a GS3 to the Note 4. Ive done all the steps above with Nova Launcher. I just dont notice the difference. Ive tried checking and unchecking the pop up box to see. Nothing. When i took this screenshot i was downloading several large 4K video samples while streaming Netflix through my Chromecast. Needless to say i was using some data. I noticed the DLB icon at the top of the screen never changes. Its always looks like this regardless. Also when I hit the menu icon on the top right of the DLB screen and hit help it blacks out my screen for a split second and goes right back to the DLB screen. Anyone else or is this just me?

Posted via my Sprint Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 download booster-screenshot_2014-11-06-04-03-56.jpg  
    11-06-2014 03:16 AM
    Im coming from a GS3 to the Note 4. Ive done all the steps above with Nova Launcher. I just dont notice the difference. Ive tried checking and unchecking the pop up box to see. Nothing. When i took this screenshot i was downloading several large 4K video samples while streaming Netflix through my Chromecast. Needless to say i was using some data. I noticed the DLB icon at the top of the screen never changes. Its always looks like this regardless. Also when I hit the menu icon on the top right of the DLB screen and hit help it blacks out my screen for a split second and goes right back to the DLB screen. Anyone else or is this just me?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4018246
    11-06-2014 03:22 AM
    Thanks. I was just coming back through from the beginning. A little new to the forum. I also have horrible wifi so this feature was really exciting coming from the S3. I love the Note 4 but Im definitely with the wrong carrier to test out its potential.

11-06-2014 03:35 AM
    where did you find it ?
    05-03-2015 03:51 PM
62 123