Note 4 download booster

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys... It's not hidden. It's simply not in the first 10 positions of the quick settings options.

To get to the download booster just pull down your menu, select the quick settings icon (looks like 4 squares in the upper right corner) and then select the download booster.

See. No special apps or 10 step secret process.

Which version do you have? (carrier)

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Which version do you have? (carrier)
Verizon

745bf7a42f5addc2d389da442da8c569.jpg

I rearranged the order of the quick settings icons but you can see it's clearly there.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Verizon

I rearranged the order of the quick settings icons but you can see it's clearly there.

So why are you insisting it's on Sprint and AT&T phones then if you're on Verizon, which was already known to have it?

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
yea.. I tried to dl booster again and it just wont work for AT&T.. 400mb file and it just sat there all grayed out =-/.. ahhhhh

wifi only unchecked.. just dont get it. whyyyyyyyyyy att whyyyyyyyyyyy

My fault. I stopped reading at page 3, not 4.

For clarification, are the people who can find the booster function but say it's not working downloading files that are large enough (over 30MB)?

Test files can be downloaded here: https://clients.wswd.net/testdownloadfiles.php

haha.. your killing me... it doesnt work for ATT. they are block the multi sim thing on apple.. The empire is too powerful.

this is a nice option but not a big deal. the only time I see using this is at a hot spot or at home and I have 25-30mb at home.. also it is worthless if you get 1-3mb on att's lte.. haha

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
haha.. your killing me... it doesnt work for ATT. they are block the multi sim thing on apple.. The empire is too powerful.

this is a nice option but not a big deal. the only time I see using this is at a hot spot or at home and I have 25-30mb at home.. also it is worthless if you get 1-3mb on att's lte.. haha
Crap, that post was also on page 4. OK, I'm done..

inco9nito99

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
What I don't understand is...I get it, it helps download larger files with the conjunction of WiFi + 4G LTE, faster. But what I've been noticing is on my N910T it activates sometimes when streaming YouTube. Anybody else have this going on?

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: download booster

Getting 36mb down 25 up on LTE AT&T where I live on average, no need to turn on both to download stuff. But interesting that T Mobile would do this and others not.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

Just to reiterate for everyone. Download booster will not work on ATT or Sprint. So no reason to go through the steps of using a different launcher to find a way to turn it on. It won't function anyway. It has been disabled by ATT and Sprint and turning that switch on won't do anything. They didn't just hide the setting - it is disabled and cannot function on your phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just to reiterate for everyone. Download booster will not work on ATT or Sprint. So no reason to go through the steps of using a different launcher to find a way to turn it on. It won't function anyway. It has been disabled by ATT and Sprint and turning that switch on won't do anything. They didn't just hide the setting - it is disabled and cannot function on your phone.

Very interesting.. Didn't know they did that.

Glad I am on T-Mobile and it works. I don't use it but I like the fact they didn't strip a function from my phone.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

Very interesting.. Didn't know they did that.

Glad I am on T-Mobile and it works. I don't use it but I like the fact they didn't strip a function from my phone.

I use it at home because I can only get 6mb max wifi speeds there (and that was after the "big upgrade" they did last year - before it was only 3) and that's spread over multiple devices. So it comes in handy at home for large downloads. Although I have unlimited data - I only have 5GB LTE - so that's why I still use wifi at home.

I'm just surprised Verizon allowed it. This is the first device they did that. I almost feel like they made a mistake and someone forgot to take it out. Ha!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I use it at home because I can only get 6mb max wifi speeds there (and that was after the "big upgrade" they did last year - before it was only 3) and that's spread over multiple devices. So it comes in handy at home for large downloads. Although I have unlimited data - I only have 5GB LTE - so that's why I still use wifi at home.

I'm just surprised Verizon allowed it. This is the first device they did that. I almost feel like they made a mistake and someone forgot to take it out. Ha!

Ah understandable. I have unlimited LTE but I don't use it at home since I have 60 Mbps wifi at home. Don't see a reason to dual it :)... But in your case it makes sense. 6 Mbps wifi.. Ouch :p.

Attachments

• 1414968030444.jpg
    1414968030444.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 29

Grovzy1080

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Im coming from a GS3 to the Note 4. Ive done all the steps above with Nova Launcher. I just dont notice the difference. Ive tried checking and unchecking the pop up box to see. Nothing. When i took this screenshot i was downloading several large 4K video samples while streaming Netflix through my Chromecast. Needless to say i was using some data. I noticed the DLB icon at the top of the screen never changes. Its always looks like this regardless. Also when I hit the menu icon on the top right of the DLB screen and hit help it blacks out my screen for a split second and goes right back to the DLB screen. Anyone else or is this just me?

Posted via my Sprint Note 4

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-06-04-03-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-04-03-56.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 43

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Im coming from a GS3 to the Note 4. Ive done all the steps above with Nova Launcher. I just dont notice the difference. Ive tried checking and unchecking the pop up box to see. Nothing. When i took this screenshot i was downloading several large 4K video samples while streaming Netflix through my Chromecast. Needless to say i was using some data. I noticed the DLB icon at the top of the screen never changes. Its always looks like this regardless. Also when I hit the menu icon on the top right of the DLB screen and hit help it blacks out my screen for a split second and goes right back to the DLB screen. Anyone else or is this just me?

Posted via my Sprint Note 4

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...40-note-4-download-booster-2.html#post4018246