Samsung Galaxy Note 4 car Bluetooth issues?

Tim Mckeal

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Same Here. Verizon Note 4. Kenwood Unit. Newest firmware updated for BT. I can pause/resume songs playing via BT, but no track skipping. ALso on song info, i get nothing , but everytime i change tracks the head unit says Reading for the info. So it knows its connected, but the functions are gutted.
To me it seems like a verizon issue with bloatware. Im going to try to disable a bunch of verizon crap tonight and try again.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: car Bluetooth issues?

-bump-

Anyone figure out a trick to get album info/artwork/song info to show? I un-paried and paired and got my steering wheel controls working, but still no song info. /sigh

What I find odd is that if I go into the bluetooth on my car stereo..it reads all the songs, artists and albums correctly but none of that info displays on the regular radio screen. I have a Toyota.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone with this trouble please check this for me..? I've noticed that the "profiles" call audio and media audio boxes are not checked. I check-mark them, but after power off or BT disconnect, they clear themselves... for those experiencing this, are your boxes cleared?

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone with this trouble please check this for me..? I've noticed that the "profiles" call audio and media audio boxes are not checked. I check-mark them, but after power off or BT disconnect, they clear themselves... for those experiencing this, are your boxes cleared?

Mine are the same, they are not checked but I have no problems connecting to my BT in the car. Only issue I have is the title/song info does not display on my car stereo (it worked on my S3).

justcrusin

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an initial pair with my 2013 Sonata, but when I get in the car again it will not pair up. Last night I forced it to pair again, but no luck when I got in the car today. Any ideas?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have an initial pair with my 2013 Sonata, but when I get in the car again it will not pair up. Last night I forced it to pair again, but no luck when I got in the car today. Any ideas?

Sadly, no. You could try forgetting the phone from your car's bluetooth settings and then forgetting the car from your Note 4's settings and try repairing again. It seems like each time I re-pair the situation improves slightly.

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
2000 civic. mine connected instantly to my alpine cda-117 and everything works. i was starting to get worried with this thread since my BT is ancient.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: car Bluetooth issues?

Mine was the same way. I had to make sure that the firmware for the car stereo itself was updated. Turns out the bluetooth was outdated. You'll have to research your stereo manufacturer to find out how to do it. For Alpine I needed to download a zip file to my laptop and then take that out to my truck, pair it with the stereo, and then download it into the stereo that way. Pain in the ****. But it works now. I just have issues keeping it connected all the time like the Note 3 was.

dh321

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
OK folks, to really get the confusion going I think I have a totally separate issue.
Just coming over from my BB Q10 and older HTC One to the Note. Never issues with connectivity or audio display or controls at anytime.

With the Note, my phone connects immediately, no issues here. However I'm also having the song display issue in a different way. So I'm a big internet radio guy and as such I'll use the Tune In app to stream audio. I can get the initial info as a previous posted says, but no refresh or any info later. However, I brought up my Google Play app to see how my music displayed and it's perfect, no issues. Song title, artist, album, all right there as it should be. Could my issue be the apps simply won't refresh as their not compatible with the phone? Again, as a test I have the same tune in app on my older HTC One with same build version as on my Note, but display does not work for the app. I don't have a clue if it's the phone or the app. If I hadn't done the test with my google play app streaming my music collection, I would think it was the phone.

I'll await you very smart posters to your thoughts and feedback.

Greg P1

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a tablet or some other device with Bluetooth? Mine always worked fine, and then stopped auto-connecting. It was connecting to my iPad mini instead. I turned off the Bluetooth on the iPad and then it was fine.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a tablet or some other device with Bluetooth? Mine always worked fine, and then stopped auto-connecting. It was connecting to my iPad mini instead. I turned off the Bluetooth on the iPad and then it was fine.
Great point. I will see how my Nexus 10.1 does. It is also on 4.4.4.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
2012 Toyota Camry. The phone connects to Bluetooth fine, but its like 20% that I'll get track information to display. The rest of the time its just "Streaming Audio". Very annoying.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Paired it yesterday with my 2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus and had no issues. I can control from steering wheel and song info shows up.

I have a 2014 Corolla LE ECO and my notifications are delayed when displaying on my dashboard display. It takes 5-10 seconds for it to display on the screen after I received a text on my phone. Also, sometimes display shows the wrong song and regardless how many times I change it, it stays on the one song.

Do you have these issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TB2841

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2014 Altima, and everything worked with my Note 2. Upgraded to the Note 4, and now pretty much nothing worked. Song info isn't displayed anymore, and unless I delete the phone from my car and then reinstall it, I can't hear the persons voice through the car. I've tried playing around with the audio and phone media check boxes but that didn't seem to do anything. I know the phone is connected because any music app I use comes out fine over the car's speakers. This is just the stock radio, so I doubt I can upgrade the firmware on it.