Samsung Galaxy Note 4 car Bluetooth issues?

ajhallx

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
i am talking my phone back too bt connects and runs fine but also disconnects over and over again i can't listen to 1 song straight with out this happening

Fred Smith6

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue with Verizon note 4, sometimes my bt will lose connection and I have to restart the phone to get it to work. I have the same issue with the bt in my 2013 nissan. I currently looking for a solution

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
i am talking my phone back too bt connects and runs fine but also disconnects over and over again i can't listen to 1 song straight with out this happening
There is nothing wrong with your phone if the only issue is Bluetooth connection.

It is the device you are pairing to, it needs to have its firmware updated to work with your phone.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue with Verizon note 4, sometimes my bt will lose connection and I have to restart the phone to get it to work. I have the same issue with the bt in my 2013 nissan. I currently looking for a solution
Check out the forums for your car manufacturer. You will find threads specific to this issue. You can then find out if there is a firmware update available.

If you just go to your dealership and ask, if they've never dealt with the problem before they might just tell you there is nothing they can do.

I got this reaction from the Chrysler dealer several times until I found the firmware update in a Chrysler forum.

cvaria

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the edge and bluetooth in the car is not working at all. it think it may be because of the type of reciever in the car. my bluetooth works fine everywhere else.

Wayne Lasner

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Note Edge. After blaming my car manufacturer they investigated and found that Samsung is aware of the issue affecting the note 4 and the note edge. These phones are using a new BT version. Supposedly the version will be corrected or rolled back with the next software release - when ever that is.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've found that music streaming apps will show correct data on first song but no song updates afterwards, but the song length timer works on all songs with Google Play Music.

Yeah, this is what I'm seeing with a 2013 Jetta. The car worked great with my Nexus 5. What's interesting is that it works properly with my Note 4 when streaming radio through Play Music, just not when playing an album straight through. Even if the radio station happens to pop-up with two songs from the same album in a row.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Note Edge. After blaming my car manufacturer they investigated and found that Samsung is aware of the issue affecting the note 4 and the note edge. These phones are using a new BT version. Supposedly the version will be corrected or rolled back with the next software release - when ever that is.

It is more likely that your car manufacturer will upgrade their firmware to comply with the current BT standard. That is what they typically do. I would be surprised to see Samsung "downgrade" the phones to an older BT standard than the one it has.

EvilHomer3k

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
LaTuFu, have you been able to get S-Voice working with your car? I have a 2012 Charger and just got a note 4 (Was on WP prior). I can connect with bluetooth but can't initiate a connection to the phone to use s-voice. The car has two buttons for voice but both connect to dodge's voice control system. My old $20 bluetooth adapter had a phone button that you can press and it connect to the phone. I got around this with WP by dialing a number that called the phone and started Cortana (a little know but very useful feature to me).

Anyway, how is voice activation and control working for you after the update?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
LaTuFu, have you been able to get S-Voice working with your car? I have a 2012 Charger and just got a note 4 (Was on WP prior). I can connect with bluetooth but can't initiate a connection to the phone to use s-voice. The car has two buttons for voice but both connect to dodge's voice control system. My old $20 bluetooth adapter had a phone button that you can press and it connect to the phone. I got around this with WP by dialing a number that called the phone and started Cortana (a little know but very useful feature to me).

Anyway, how is voice activation and control working for you after the update?

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be any help to you. I disable S-Voice on my Galaxy devices. I use OK Google and that's pretty much it.

When I connect to BT on my vehicle, the only voice commands I use are with the vehicle's system, not my phone.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
A breakthrough of sorts for me... I factory wiped my device from the service menu and now my phone does not interrupt the BT stream while playing. It used to stop playback for a few seconds when I turned the screen on in mid-playback.
Also! It will now auto connect when I get in the car.
The only remaining issue that I am having is the audio stream data still does not update on all apps. It seems to update on Slacker but not on Google Music.
So, as inconvenient as it is, you might try and press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power buttons. Then wipe cache and reboot to see if that will suffice. If not, like mine, then backup and go back into the Volume UP + Home + Power Button mode and do a full wipe.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, there's hope. My T-Mobile Note 4 received a system update yesterday and now Bluetooth works with my car as expected.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
what seems to work for me, as far as the track name updating with every song. Is to make sure my car receiver is off, as I start my car, and then to manually turn on the receiver, so that the unit is not powering on and trying to connect to the phone all at the same time as the rest of the car electronics. I don't know why that works on my JVC unit, but it does.

Tave Close

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, no. You could try forgetting the phone from your car's bluetooth settings and then forgetting the car from your Note 4's settings and try repairing again. It seems like each time I re-pair the situation improves slightly.

Tried that...many, many times. I had great connectivity for the first two weeks with my note four then BOOM...nothing. Sync shows that it is connected but no media sound. Phone still works.

trumee

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2014 Corolla LE ECO and my notifications are delayed when displaying on my dashboard display. It takes 5-10 seconds for it to display on the screen after I received a text on my phone. Also, sometimes display shows the wrong song and regardless how many times I change it, it stays on the one song.

Do you have these issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can you let me know what software version is your radio?
My radio's software version is BU.30.05

Last edited:

EvilHomer3k

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be any help to you. I disable S-Voice on my Galaxy devices. I use OK Google and that's pretty much it.

When I connect to BT on my vehicle, the only voice commands I use are with the vehicle's system, not my phone.

I got it working a little better. I can now reply to and initiate texts with the uConnect system. Unfortunately, I can only create precreated messages with uConnect. I think I may be able to do free form messages if I subscribe to their $15 per month cloud based voice system.

Carol Giese1

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2012 Outback PZEV and my bofriends Iphone pairs fine.
Not my Note 4, Says it's paired - but wouldn't connect.
I had nothing until I downloaded the "auto connect" app.

Now it works sometimes - and sometimes I hear it ring - won't answer and sends caller directly to voice mail.

If it doesn' t get fixed soon - I've got til 15 Jan to return the phone. I will return it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38