Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Accessibility Services messes with S Voice and Calculator (apparent bug)

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why this bug exists, but if you use Services (I have it on for LastPass, for example), it messes with S Voice. You have to basically say the wake-up command twice for the microphone to become active without tapping it manually. I've tested this and as soon as I turn off all the Services under Accessibility, it works perfectly. Also, for any of you who have the talking calculator, this is also apparently caused by using any of the services. This is an extremely annoying bug because LastPass service is really useful, but I also wanted to use S Voice handsfree.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Pardon my newness to Android but are the Accessibility Services already "turned on" and simply waiting for you to call them up when you fire up your N4 for the first time or do you have to go into something like setting or advanced setting and first turn them on. Maybe until there is an update that fixes some of these bugs it might be a good idea to leave some of this stuff turned off, like the Accessibility Services.

I won't be able to leave the Wi-Fi radio turned off. But I do think the Wi-Fi radio arbitrarily turning itself back on again after you turn it on and then purposefully turn it off is another bug. I can't imagine a designer designing it that way on purpose. I want to be able to turn my Wi-Fi radio on and turn it off when I want to turn it off and I don't it arbitrarily decided to turn itself back on again and start hunting for networks because IT wants to! That just makes no sense.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Generally, you have to turn them on, so if you've not done anything, there's not a lot to worry about. I have an app, LastPass, which uses the Accessibility features to add some functionality. Wi-Fi doesn't have a lot to do with Accessibility. That's generally for blind or deaf people to make it easier to use the phone, but some devs have figured out how to add some functionality to their apps using Accessibility features. If your wi-fi doesn't stay off when you turn it off, then there might be something else going on. Not sure it has to do with the bug I posted about, though.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response on the Accessibility Services. While I know the two issues are not related in the sense of being associated. The Wi-Fi thing seems to me to be the same sort of buggy thing that maybe needs an firmware update fix. Initially somebody commented that it as not a bug and that is likely just the way it is. I can't believe that because I can't believe a designer would intentionally design it that way. So at any rate that was the only linkage. I think both issues are buggy things going on that might take a firmware update to resolve.

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response on the Accessibility Services. While I know the two issues are not related in the sense of being associated. The Wi-Fi thing seems to me to be the same sort of buggy thing that maybe needs an firmware update fix. Initially somebody commented that it as not a bug and that is likely just the way it is. I can't believe that because I can't believe a designer would intentionally design it that way. So at any rate that was the only linkage. I think both issues are buggy things going on that might take a firmware update to resolve.

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
IOW, since the thing you're looking at when you're looking at your homescreen is your launcher, all Android phones have the "problem". Maybe you meant "if you're using a launcher other than the ne that came on the phone"? Since I'm running Nova launcher (with S Voice 11.2.2.0), and I can get voice feedback in S Voice (although I don't use it, I don't think that's the problem.

Yes if u r using a launcher other than stock launcher... Thts will give u issue with enabling voice feedback.... U will have the voice feedback grayed out... See pic above...all this is under accessibility all the way to bottom where it says (services)make sure where it say (launcher) it's set to off NOT (on)... I was too excited and tired to go into details...another thread is on here and I tried every suggestion posted and nothing worked so then I tried that an bap bap...option to voice feedback was on (enabled)... 💞💞💞💞 there was no suggestion on here for this...