Note 4 Is there a 1080p and 1440p play option on youtube?

agnomen007

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: 1080p and 1440p play option on youtube

There are a few ways to get it back just type it into Google. I have a Note 4 so it's a shame not to be able to utilize such a beautiful screen. But even though I've used a few different tricks and prevented it from auto updating afterward it still goes back to losing the 1080p option and it's very frustrating. The only way to do it for sure is a ROOT and then go back to a previous version and prevent the auto update. I'll look for the article explaining it and send it to you.

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

People, the instructions on the link posted above are the exact steps I posted earlier in the link that gets to the same topic over the Galaxy Tab S forum. The only difference is that this new link takes you to download another apk (already outdated) instead of the one on the Play Store.

I don't have a Note 4 so I'm just entering here once a day, so I didn't see until now that some have tried what I suggested and didn't work. Let me tell you, the first couple of times I tried this with the Galaxy Tab S (same resolution options as the Note 4, up to 1440p) it worked like a charm, last time I tried, last month after an update it didn't work at first. I just kept trying and it finally work and it's still working as up today.

I remember that what I did was that after Clearing Cache and data and disable the App I force Stopped it and be sured that it wasn't on the running apps list, I didn't re-enabled again from the App itself and just went directly to Play Store and looked for Youtube, in there you will see the Update and Enable I think I just hit update and it updated and re-enabled it, if is not like that, just enable it there and hit update.

After that I had my 1440p option again, only annoying thing is that everytime you start Youtube, the first video you must go and select the 1440p option and in order to apply it you must restart the video from the same screen,

I must tell you that my brand new Xperia Z3 also had the issue when I got it last week, highest resolution available was 720p, I followed this steps on it, and it also fixed it, only difference is that just after I fixed it there was a new update last week, and for my surprise even after the update it was still showing the 1080p, where my Galaxy Tab S, every time there is an update I need to do this steps again.
Are you still able to get that same resolution?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

No, not working since the last update about 2 weeks ago on my Galaxy Tab S or my Sony Xperia Z3.
I wonder if they're going to reserve it for paid customers of the music subscription or something like it?

jcampbell1070

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I wonder if they're going to reserve it for paid customers of the music subscription or something like it?

I don't mind paying a few dollars for a good app. But they got to do better with the YouTube app.

Posted via the Android Central App

trickz20

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, this is really annoying. I just updated youtube to the latest and it still has a max of 720p! It's pretty ridiculous that we can't use our amazing screens to the max!!

Like2HelpingOut

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

Sorry guys, I don't know how to post guide how so I post question with solution here instead.

Youtube problems solved

Go to apps info
Press turn off and it'll ask you to accept reset to factory with unistall any updates. Press OK.
Then kill all apps.
Then back to Youtube apps info.
Click on force stop.
Then click on clear data
Then click on Turn Off
The click on cleat data again wait til it show 0 kbs
Then kill apps
Now go to PlayStore search for youtube
Click on enable
Click on update
Check your Youtube version 6.0.13 now should work properply with resolutions setting.

Mine was Note 4. Hope this works on all.

Sherryplus

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
For a second I saw the 1080p option on YT, now it's disappeared. Can anyone with the YT app tell if they're getting now the 1080p option? Just yesterday I saw it was available...

Posted via the Android Central App

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Sorry guys, I don't know how to post guide how so I post question with solution here instead.

Youtube problems solved

Go to apps info
Press turn off and it'll ask you to accept reset to factory with unistall any updates. Press OK.
Then kill all apps.
Then back to Youtube apps info.
Click on force stop.
Then click on clear data
Then click on Turn Off
The click on cleat data again wait til it show 0 kbs
Then kill apps
Now go to PlayStore search for youtube
Click on enable
Click on update
Check your Youtube version 6.0.13 now should work properply with resolutions setting.

Mine was Note 4. Hope this works on all.
This was exactly what I did but I didn't get it. Then I just restart the phone and you won't believe it 1080P was there to select. Probably coincidence i don't know. But maybe you guys can follow his guide and give this a try.

e69f13e844b20e0e177885b46c3e46e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

I did nothing today, and today I have both the 1080p and 1440p options in YouTube. Go figure.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I suspect mine was a coincidence. The guide didn't work but when i restarted the phone i got 1080P. Maybe it's a bug. It's kind of strange that some get it while others don't

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19