Slide to unlock plus password?

jweisenborn

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, everyone.

First time, long time...

Just got my Verizon Note 4 today and noticed that Touchwiz doesn't have a slide to unlock feature in addition to the password unlock required by my company's mobile policy. In past phones (like my HTC One) as long as I was within the screen lock threshold, turning on the screen would require only a swipe to unlock. Once I hit the threshold (currently 30 minutes) then I would need to enter the password. With the Note 4, when I'm within the threshold, waking the phone requires no other action to unlock...just the push of the home or power button. I would like to have both to reduce the likelihood of the screen turning on in my pocket (and subsequent that likely will result).

Any suggestions? Is there a feature I'm missing somewhere in the settings?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone encrypted, since you're using it as a work phone? If it's encrypted, I believe you can only use password and PIN unlock.

jweisenborn

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! It is not encrypted but the password policy is pushed by my company. I don't mind that per se (although I wish they would allow the finger print scanner like they do with iPhones) but I have yet to find a way to set the phone to revert to slide to unlock while I'm within the 30 minute password threshold. Again, this was out of the box on my HTC One. Without this, any press of either button (especially while in my pocket) turns the phone on to an active screen.

I found a workaround using Widget Locker but it's not a great app.

Thanks again!

Posted via the Android Central App