How Does Nova affect the Note 4?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed I can't use the lil swipe motion to reduce screen size on Nova. It just slides to another screen. I can use the side bar deal though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
How do you do this?

Which part? if you are asking about the widget, you can go into the app drawer and select the widgets tab, and look for the "google now" one, and place it on the left most screen. and uncheck infinite scrolling of screensn (in the Nova settings)

hope this is what you asking about. If not, let me know what part of my screen shot you are asking about.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
What's the difference between Nova and the paid version a.k.a Nova Prime?

The prime opens up more features than the free version, that has to do with look and feel enhancements of the launcher. One of my favorites is the gestures on the home screens. for example I can swipe down from anywhere on the screen to bring down the notification panel, or pinch to zoom to open up the gallery, or swipe down with two fingers to say open wifi. All these can be customized to do different things.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Which part? if you are asking about the widget, you can go into the app drawer and select the widgets tab, and look for the "google now" one, and place it on the left most screen. and uncheck infinite scrolling of screensn (in the Nova settings)

hope this is what you asking about. If not, let me know what part of my screen shot you are asking about.

im guessing you have to uncheck the infinite scrolling? i dont see a google now widget..
scratch that found it lol

ohbreeeezy

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
What's the difference between Nova and the paid version a.k.a Nova Prime?

from Play Store

Unlock the following extras by purchasing Nova Launcher Prime
• Gestures - Swipe, pinch, double tap and more on the home screen to open your favorite apps
• Unread Counts - Never miss a message. Unread count badges for Hangouts, SMS, Gmail and more using the TeslaUnread plugin
• Custom Drawer Groups - Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer
• Hide Apps - Keep a clean app drawer by hiding never used apps
• Icon Swipes - Set custom actions for swiping on app shortcuts or folders
• More scroll effects - Such as Wipe, Accordion, and Throw

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a launcher before and usually just relied on ROOT with my classic Thunderbolt for customizations so pardon my stupidity here but, is it easy to go back to TouchWiz in the event that I dislike Nova?

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Nova prime since I got my Note 3 and use it again on my 4. I have tried a few other launchers, but always go back to Nova prime. I don't have the widgets for Google now set up, but I've assigned a double tap on the home screen to open Google now.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I think this why I don't mind (love) TouchWiz because it works with Nova Prime, not that others (hTc, LG, etc.) have any issues.

Nova is amazing!

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I've never used a launcher before and usually just relied on ROOT with my classic Thunderbolt for customizations so pardon my stupidity here but, is it easy to go back to TouchWiz in the event that I dislike Nova?

Sure, you can do that two ways. You could keep Nova installed and just make Touchwiz the default when you hit the home button, or you can simply uninstall Nova, and Touchwiz will be back in service. Hope this helps.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got 1Weather when Weatherbug Elite screwed its paid customers. It has a GREAT widget that has Google Now built in. I haven't quite looked up screenshot yet or I'd post it.

I've been using Nova prime since I got my Note 3 and use it again on my 4. I have tried a few other launchers, but always go back to Nova prime. I don't have the widgets for Google now set up, but I've assigned a double tap on the home screen to open Google now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana