naked note 4?

brick58

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
This phone is so pretty I don't want to use a case...anyone using it "naked"? and will it harm the camera on the back if you lay it flat w/o a case?
I have a glass screen saver on but would like to use it w/o case...:p

B0omSLanG

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Very sexy piece of technology. That's why I'm currently using the S-View cover. Since we can't add widgets to the lockscreen anyway, this is a great alternative. It covers the camera on the back now too. All without adding bulk. Great feel as well. Flip it open and you've basically got the bare phone.

Alexander Burnside

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
This thread already exists, but nothing anyone really says matters. It's up to you whether or not you want to use a case. I didn't use a case with my s3 and s4. Both phones looked pretty much like new by the time I was done with them.

Then a week before I got my Note 4 I dropped my S4 on accident. It fell in such a way that a hairline crack formed straight across the middle of the screen. The phone is still usable, and the crack is barely noticeable, but as you can imagine, that scared me into wanting a case for my Note 4.

You'll be fine without a case until you aren't; then you'll regret it. Will knowing how many people aren't using a case change your mind one way or the other? Just food for thought.

For the record, I'm not currently using a case since I have the Verizon variant of the Note 4 that is incompatible with all of the cases that I think would be adequately protective against drops.

Naolin

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
what I end up doing with almost every smart phone I've owned is have it in a case for the first couple of months when I consider it my shiny new toy, then once that feeling has passed I usually just get tired of it and take it out.

In my experience I've never damaged a phone from not having a case, I even dropped my HTC EVO 4G LTE a couple of times and never broke it just a few scratches.

But I understand that it only takes once, and some people have bad luck and others don't, so just figure out if the trade off and "gamble" is ok with you. Like i said i'm currently using a case and have it under insurance, but I know that after a while I am going to toss the case aside and cancel the insurance.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This phone is so pretty I don't want to use a case...anyone using it "naked"? and will it harm the camera on the back if you lay it flat w/o a case?
I have a glass screen saver on but would like to use it w/o case...:p

I've been using mine for a week waiting for the case I ordered to come in.

The case is supposedly at home waiting for me. I consider it extra drop insurance to have it wear one. That, and I'm more worried about losing it out of my pocket than I am off of a holster.