Question for Tapatalk Users

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Any Tapatalk users experiencing lag/stutter while scrolling through the app? When I scroll up or down I notice a pretty pronounced hesitation. I wasn't sure if that was just something I'll have to get use to, or if I should try uninstalling/reinstalling.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Might be worth doing a reinstall. You could first try just clearing cache on the app and see if that helps.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I also experience this as well along with log in errors. I would just restart my phone. But it does come back after a while. Please update and share how you fixed your problem. I would love to hear what was done to fix it.

girls love tech too

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I also experience this as well along with log in errors. I would just restart my phone. But it does come back after a while. Please update and share how you fixed your problem. I would love to hear what was done to fix it.

girls love tech too
Another way to clear up these random lag issues that appear after a while is to boot into your stock recovery (method varies by device) and clear cache. It will usually clear up lag and other weird issues that arise. I tend to do this regular maintenance usually every month or so just to clear the cob webs out :)

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Any Tapatalk users experiencing lag/stutter while scrolling through the app? When I scroll up or down I notice a pretty pronounced hesitation. I wasn't sure if that was just something I'll have to get use to, or if I should try uninstalling/reinstalling.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
There are comments on their App Page about the new version being laggy. You are not alone.
I am sure and update will fix it.
Good Luck!
Ron

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again for the helpful replies. I cleared the cache but then went ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled. It's still not super smooth but it's better than before.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have had this problem on all my phones. There app has went downhill as of late. They need to fix it

Beamed across the web from my Beastly Galaxy Note 4!!

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok my tapatalk had an updated and it says bug fixes and something about crashes. So hopefully this solve my problem. I do notice the app seems faster. I don't know, it may just be me thinking it's faster.

girls love tech too

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok my tapatalk had an updated and it says bug fixes and something about crashes. So hopefully this solve my problem. I do notice the app seems faster. I don't know, it may just be me thinking it's faster.

girls love tech too
Did you get an update notification or did it update automatically? I can't even see what build number I'm on. I'm hopeful that an update will fix this. I'll clear out the cache and after a bit of time the extreme hesitation comes back. I also uninstalled/reinstalled and the lag is back.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I went to play store and check to see, and it happened to say update. It's for several fixes and there's a whole list of things.

girls love tech too

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Current version that was updated yesterday is 4.9.5.
You can find out by going to setting > Application Info > and selecting Tapatalk. The version will be at the top.
Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty