Removing All Plastic Packaging From Note 4

5uck3rpunch

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I have seen 2 websites that suggest to make sure to remove all plastic packaging that protects from scratches on the new Note 4. I have removed it from around the bezel on the sides & also around the camera lens on the back. The sites also state that there is one on the Home Button.
Mine kind of feels like it has one but I cannot grip it to pull it off. I'm afraid there isn't one & I'm going to pull the plastic off that is actually the coloring on the button. Anyone else removed a clear plastic sticker from their Note 4 Home Button?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine did have one when it arrived, but it was peeling off so that's why it was easy. Another user had a nifty suggestion: Use scotch tape. That should help lift out the edges.

5uck3rpunch

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I tried Scotch tape & it didn't work. I think mine has the plastic on it because it looks dull & holds a fingerprint a lot. Maybe I'll get my wife to try it with her finger nails.

GPtimes2

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine had it on the front screen, but not the camera or home button. Mine is the Verizon version made in china if that makes a difference.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Mine did have one when it arrived, but it was peeling off so that's why it was easy. Another user had a nifty suggestion: Use scotch tape. That should help lift out the edges.

You have a note 4 as well? i see alot of them now makes my nexus 4 seem old :(

5uck3rpunch

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
On a different note......When I open Google Wallet & try to add a credit card I get an error that pops up on the New Card screen: "Looks like another app is blocking access to Wallet. Turn off any apps that might be drawing over the screen and try again". I have disabled any apps that I thought might affect it.
I have seen this error in some old forums for non-Note devices that are on different carriers but no answer for them either. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Does the Verizon one have anything to peel off around the edges? I don't see anything?

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I triple checked my Home Button & it doesn't have any plastic covering on it. Must not have it on the Sprint models.

I have Sprint and I didn't / don't have plastic on my home button.

With your GW, try rebooting the phone and try again. If not, go into settings ----> app manager and find Google Wallet. Clear it's cache and data and try again. Make sure you're signed into G+....not sure if relevant but I couldn't setup my Debit Card unless I was signed into G+.