How is my my phone running both 4G and wifi at the same time?

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Both 4G and Wifi running at the same time

Hi all!
I noticed tonight that both WiFi was on as well as 4G was running at the same time. recall this happening with an older Galaxy phone I had and it was some app that wouldn't switch to WiFi. I can't remember what it was, as it didn't happen with my note 3 and I don't think it happened with my Note 2. Has anyone else seen this, and how do you stop it? It didn't do this when I first got this phone, but I noticed it tonight.

Thanks!

Bruce

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Both 4G and Wifi running at the same time

If you have an app that requires your mobile network for its function, like some caller ID apps, MMS, some carrier specific apps or you have download booster turned on - these are some examples of when this would happen.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

Oh I realize that. I was just wondering if anyone else had found what app(s) would do that? I can't think of anything that would cause it. I thought maybe that new Caller ID app that VZW installed on here, so I went and turned it off. No dice. It's still running both Wifi and 4G. I have PLENTY of data, so I shouldn't be concerned, but I just dont' like the idea of my 4G data being used when I'm on Wifi, ya know! :)

MoonShade

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I've noticed that happening too. I have the download booster off and disabled the VZW caller ID app. I can't figure out what is causing this either.

Posted via the Android Central App

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

Ok, I just partially solved it. It IS the Name Caller ID app that came preinstalled. I had turned it off, but apparently the stupid thing will start if I reboot the phone. That's yet another issue with those preinstalled apps. If we could get rid of what we don't want, that'd be great!

Any ideas on dumping preinstalled apps?

dino73n

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Sometimes maps use mobile data together with wifi not to use data but to fast locate your position when gps signal is to weak.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Kianski

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Ok, I just partially solved it. It IS the Name Caller ID app that came preinstalled. I had turned it off, but apparently the stupid thing will start if I reboot the phone. That's yet another issue with those preinstalled apps. If we could get rid of what we don't want, that'd be great!

Settings, applications. Find the app, and click disable or words to that effect :)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Brandon Lee Roy

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

Hi all!
I noticed tonight that both WiFi was on as well as 4G was running at the same time. recall this happening with an older Galaxy phone I had and it was some app that wouldn't switch to WiFi. I can't remember what it was, as it didn't happen with my note 3 and I don't think it happened with my Note 2. Has anyone else seen this, and how do you stop it? It didn't do this when I first got this phone, but I noticed it tonight.

Thanks!

Bruce
Im doing the same thing but I'm not having that issue. You should try to see if your WiFi connection is connecting properly because it could be switching on and off.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, guys! Since I turned off that Caller ID app, it's not doing it any more. I do recall that the last time I had that issue with a new phone, I think it was the N2, it was the preloaded Caller ID app. Turned it off and everything was good again!

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, when I first got my galaxy a few months back, I was getting 4G & Wifi running at the same time. Found out it was because of the stupid Caller ID bloat ware app that Verizon puts on their phones. I just went into settings and disabled it. Unfortunately there's no way you can just delete it, unless you root and I believe that Verizon enabled Knox; so depending on the device and the android version you have, you may not be able to root.

footballaddict

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Where did you find the caller ID app? I don't see it anywhere and i used the search function in settings, nothing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non