Any real need for these google services?

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I accidently logged out of the Gmail app, and it promoted me that I needed a back up account. Once I put my info back in, I noticed hangouts, plus, and all these other things started popping up...I really don't want all that running.

Is there any downside to me logging out and disabling these sevices? I really don't use them, my Gmail comes through the stock email app which is fine. I do occasionally use Google plus, but not enough to have all these services bogging down my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about them running. You won't really notice a battery hit if you're not using them since they'll be idle.

Also I am not sure why you wouldn't use it if you came to Android. Google services and backup is pretty awesome. Just like iCloud for Apple.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Googles back up service is way better than icloud tbh. I suggest you keep it. Doesn't mean you have to use hangouts and Google+ and all the other stuff...
Plus without being logged into a Google account I don't think you'll be able to download any apps or anything like that.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Alright cool so it's basically like being logged into my Apple ID on my iPhone. Thanks fellas sorry about the useless thread, I'm still learning lol

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright cool so it's basically like being logged into my Apple ID on my iPhone. Thanks fellas sorry about the useless thread, I'm still learning lol

Yep. It's all good man. It's a learning process. I'm here to help wherever I can. This is what these forums were for mate

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamthechuckster