Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I like if you're on a task,etc and a call comes it displays at the top and you haven't lost page you were on.

Posted via the Android Central App

The best feature I love. Haven't been on Android in a few years and had that in a rom I was using. The Non Intrusive call is just awesome. I am writing an email and the little call box pops up at the top. I either reject it or place the call on speaker and continue my email. Since now on stock just plain awesome. The handiest feature for me by far. Love this phone

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I did see a video about the fingerprint scanner and it showed a guy registering his thumb print by going over the home button diagonally. Anyone know how to do this?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
When you are in the gallery app, if you pinch the group of pictures it makes the set smaller so you can view more photos. If you expand your fingers it has the opposite effect. Pretty cool. I came across this on accident.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Because for many of us the $800 pays for the hardware. The Samsung apps, for the most part, detract from the experience. Pure Android > TouchWiz and Samsung apps.

I was so tired of Samsung's take on Android after owning the Galaxy S3 that I almost didn't get the Note 4. There are some Samsung features I like a lot, such as the gestures, the phone app, and the clock app. But after living with pure Android on my Nexus 7, I like that much better. I'd rather choose my own apps like aCalender+ and Nova Launcher and have a cleaner and faster phone.

If they let us delete the Samsung apps we don't want and the carrier bloatware, it would be a different story. As it is, it's like buying a Porsche 911 S and having to tow a 200 lb weight sled behind it.

Then why not buy the phone you want,? Nexus 6 for example. Doesn't make sense to buy a Samsung knowing you don't like samsung and then complaining and crying about the things you already knew you wouldn't like. But then again some ppl have that kind of money.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
The coolest thing I've noticed is I feel no real need or reason to root. I've rooted every Android phone I've ever had before this. Years ago, it was sort of necessary because of all the bloat and nonsense carriers stuck on the phone. You needed root to regain your battery life (and your sanity). You used to root to gain features (cyanogenmod) as much as you did to strip it of bloat.

My T-Mobile Note 4 has barely any bloat and is packed to the brim with features, most of which I really like and use.

I had wondered if I'd feel the itch to root when I got this, but I absolutely do not. This phone is the greatest stock phone I've ever laid my hands on.

TheDarkKnight0818

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I like the pop up view feature. When I'm on the Internet and I want to listen to music through YouTube rather than opening it in multi view I just use pop up and move YouTube all the way to the bottom corners of the screen, since there is so much screen real estate, so it's as if it's not even open

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Not so much a Note 4 thing but I do love "OK Google"..
So cool to not have to bring up a Google map but instead say OK Google navigate to any address and it pops right up with your map and 3 route options..
Not to mention all the other things it can do..

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
When using the camera, if you press your finger on your subject and hold it on the screen, the camera will lock focus and exposure, but you have to KEEP your finger on the screen - as soon as you release your finger, AF unlocks.

Wish there were some better features on the camera - like being able to focus and expose in 2 different locations (like the iPhone), but at least you can lock focus.

johnnylighton

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Then why not buy the phone you want,? Nexus 6 for example. Doesn't make sense to buy a Samsung knowing you don't like samsung and then complaining and crying about the things you already knew you wouldn't like. But then again some ppl have that kind of money.

I did buy the phone I wanted: the Note 4. I love this phone. Sorry if I don't love every single aspect of it and would dare to make it work the way that's best for me. If that's too hard to deal with, you have my blessings to pretend that my Note 4 will never be anything other than bone stock.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
When taking a photo with front camera, just shout "shoot" and it will after a 2 sec timer. I didn't had a clue I just tried out after seeing that little mic icon in the lower right and I was shocked. This saves you cramps trying to press the on screen button or the heart sensor when taking selfies.

You can also press the volume up or down button to take a picture.