Fetching mails

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
This is my first android phone after 5 years of using iPhone..
In ios there is an option for fetching mails manually or periodically... Is there any such option in Note4..please help..
THANKS

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's in the email app in the sync part of settings. Set it for push (if it's an IMAP account, that'll sync when there's email to sync, the phone won't have to constantly ask the server, wasting battery) or for as long as you want it to wait before checking. Most Android email apps have a little "sync" button (the 2 arrows in a circle) or you pull the email list down to manually sync.

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Could you please tell me exactly how to get into that settings?
When I go settings >accounts >Gmail
All I get is sync options

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Could you please tell me exactly how to get into that settings?
When I go settings >accounts >Gmail
All I get is sync options

There are two email apps that come with the phone. One if for gmail and the other for POP3, IMAP and Exchange. With that being said I think either will do more.
Gmail app only synch with push with no other option as you have found.
The other email app will allow you to set it as Rukbat has stated.
There are other email apps out there that allow all kinds of customization. K9 Mail is one.
I actually use all three, Gmail, built-in and K9. Each for a different account. Others want al their email in one app and you can do that but with the above stated push limitations.
Good Luck!
Ron

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I noticed gmail app loads email much faster than the stock email. I have 2 gmail accounts btw. That's it. Tried the on stock and takes forever to refresh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty