Replace SD card & transfer data from old one?

George Collins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I need to replace the SD card in my N4, but can't find a way to transfer all data from the old one. I looked in Kies, settings, etc but don't see a way to clone the old SD. I know I could just copy over, but I'm concerned there may be hidden files I'll miss. Anybody know if a way to do this?

Posted via the Android Central App

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I did this yesterday by copying all the folders and files from the old card to my computer and then after inserting and formatting the new card simply copied them to the new card. I connected the phone to my computer via usb cable and simply opened the SD card. I am using Windows 7 so it shows up in computer, if you are using another OS I can't help with that.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Using the computer seems like the best way if your laptop has a port for SD use that it should work quicker that way.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use a usb stick via USB otg as well

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, what is otg?

On the go. It allows you to connect mouse, keyboard, usb stick and the like to the phone though a usb otg cable (or directly, depending on the device)

George Collins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I bought a SanDisk duo USB drive (micro USB at one end, standard at other), and used the stock My files app to transfer the files. Then copied them onto the new Micro SD card. Worked fine.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad it worked for you. The dual drives are excellent so you can skip the USB otg cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer