All Andriod fans.. Help me with android....

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I used ios for 5 years, now for multitasking i shifted to android note4. I am in verg of finding answers to simple settings which are avaiable in ios and were useful to me... i dont say that they are not in android, but simple i couldnt figure it out..
1) how to push mails manually rather than auto sync.... in ios i have a setting in mails to do it.. in android i couldnt find in mails?
2) How to stop mobile data usage for individual apps ... in ios i get these settings under data settings, where can i find in android?
3) How to disable location and notification settings for individual apps.... in ios it is in location and notification settings i can do it for each and every app... is there any way to do it in android?
If i find the above settings? i would save data, battery on my note4...
Please leave your valuable advice guys..
Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
1 - If your using gmail, your out of luck on sync options. But if you use the Samsung email app, it's under settings - manage accounts - (click the account you want to change) - sync settings

2 - Main settings - data usage - click each app, you can scroll down to restrict background data.

3 - These setting are in each app, and have to be found in each apps settings, which can be gotten to in the same data usage setting as #2.

Lastly, it seems counter-intuitive, but disabling some features will actually hurt battery life. I did something to mine that was kept waking my phone up all the time, all day, and after factory resetting, it is now going to sleep properly, even though the only thing I have done now is to shut off apps I'm not using.

only foryou

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
reply no 2, i can only restrict background data.... but i was hoping for restricting data to app itself?

Posted via the Android Central App

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
On android each app has a menu and settings...you can get to some sub menus and settings my either hitting the main menue button on bottom of phone within an app, pressing the 3 line symbol or 3 dot symbol at top of the app main page. You can also long press on things within the settings to see if another page of sub menus pops up. There is a definite learning curve...just remember that each app has it's own settings and the main settings page for the phone is generalized for the whole phone, not each specific app. Good luck and soon it will seem like second nature.